Change of Area of Study

After the student has been admitted to a MSN or DNP program, the area of study may be changed. Both the existing Program Director and the Program Director from the “new” program must approve this transfer. Some graduate programs require essays and/or interviews; this is up to the discretion of the “new” program.

If both Program Directors approve the transfer, the Change of Program Form must be submitted, along with a revised plan of study emailed to the Office of Student Services (Suite M-18) ( for final approval.