In addition to the immunizations and background checks, all students must be certified in BLS CPR by one of the following agencies in order to enter the clinical setting.
American Heart Association (preferred) OR
- Students are responsible for finding acceptable CPR courses.We do not accept Full online CPR courses, however we will expect the half online and the test component must be taken in person. Regular courses are offered at Drexel and Temple and you can refer to their websites for more information. Or you can check the websites of the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
- Please Note: students must complete the in person skill assessments portion
Some programs require additional levels of certification:
- Peds Acute and Neonatal: Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Adult Gero Acute: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Nurse Anesthesia: Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Neonatal: Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification