Apply for a Research Grant
The purpose of Xi research grants is to encourage qualified nurses to contribute to the advancement of nursing through research. The 2021 annual call for Sigma Xi Research Grant proposals has begun!
Proposals are due March 17, 2021 at 8pm Eastern Time. Please read the information and application documents carefully prior to submitting.
Congratulations to the 2020 Research Award Winners!
Olivia M. Arnold, BSN, M.Sc. RN
Path Analysis to Understand Neurocognitive Outcomes of Children Exposed to Lead and Adversity
Onome Osokpo, MSc., MSN, RN
Socio-Cultural Factors Influencing Self-Care By Community-Dwelling African Immigrants With Chronic Illness: A Mixed Method Study
Beth Hogan Quigley RN, MSN, CRNP
Fall Prevention and Injury Reduction Utilizing Virtual Sitters in Hospitalized Patients
Applicant Criteria/Fund Allocation
- Masters prepared registered nurse or enrolled in graduate study, with a current RN license.
- Must be an active Xi chapter member.
- The funds requested, the number of grants awarded, and the amount of funds available determine each grant allocation. There is a maximum of $1000 per award.
- If awarded funding, you MUST be present at the awards ceremony to receive your funding.
- Xi Chapter Board members may not apply for funding.
Application Guidelines and Attachments
Each application should include a cover letter stipulating Xi membership status, NIH biosketches of investigator(s), the proposed study, and any other pertinent documents.
- Specific aims/hypotheses
- Methods: research design, sample, measures/instruments, procedures, plan for data analysis, plan for human subjects’ approval
- References, specific budget, timeline
- Additional monetary support received for the project
By accepting the grant funds, you agree to the following:
- Use the funds within 3 months of receiving the funds.
- Present findings at a Xi program following completion of the study (scholarly program in fall or spring within 1 calendar year).
- Provide a report at the completion of the study on expenditures, enrollment, and plans for dissemination of the results. Return any unused funds.
- Return all funds if IRB approval is not obtained.
- Provide an abstract of the study results for publication on the Xi Chapter web site.