Military and Veteran Health
Penn Nursing is committed to promoting military and veteran health through curriculum addressing the specialized needs of veterans and service populations, resources to support service member and veterans, community outreach to veteran populations and organizations, and research to advance the science of military and veteran health.
Penn Nursing as part of the larger University community joins forces to align the Joining Forces Initiative directed by Dr. Jill Biden. In collaboration with other schools, Penn heath profession schools, Penn Nursing participates in several joining forces initiatives. Annually, and throughout the year, we sponsor educational programs and events to honor service members and veterans and increase awareness of national agendas for military and veteran health.
Military and Veteran Webinars
- Veterans Day Celebration - Penn Medicine
- Serving our Veterans: Moving Forward the “I serve 2” Initiative in Health Care
- 2021 Veterans Day - Margaret C. Wilmoth, PhD, MSS, RN, FAAN
- 2020 Veterans Day - Linda Spoonster Schwartz, RN, MSN, DrPH, FAAN
- 2019 Veterans Day - Caitlin Clason, MSN, WHNP-BC