Ann Kutney-Lee, PhD, RN, FAAN
- PhD , University of Pennsylvania, 2007
- MSN, University of Pennsylvania, 2004
- BSN, University of Scranton , 2001
Selected Career Highlights
- Fellow, American Academy of Nursing
- Board member, Interdisciplinary Research Group for Nursing Issues, AcademyHealth
- Top 15 Most Read Health Affairs Articles for 2013, “An increase in the number of nurses
with baccalaureate degrees is linked to lower rates of postsurgery mortality.” Health Affairs, 32(3), 579-586
- Best Abstract, Health Information Technology Theme, AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting, for “Electronic health record adoption and nurse-assessed patient safety outcomes”
Kutney-Lee, A., Smith, D., Thorpe, J., del Rosario, C., Ibrahim, S., & Ersek, M. (2016). Race/Ethnicity and end-of-life care among Veterans. Under review.
Kutney-Lee, A., Brennan, C.W., Meterko, M. & Ersek, M. (2015). Organization of nursing and quality of care for Veterans at the end of life. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management, 49(3):570-7.
Kutney-Lee, A., Witkoski Stimpfel, A., Sloane, D.M., Cimiotti, J., Quinn, L.W., & Aiken, L.H. (2015). Changes in patient and nurse outcomes associated with Magnet hospital designation. Medical Care, 53(6), 550-557.
Lake, E.T, Hallowell, S., Kutney-Lee, A., Hatfield, L., Del Guidice, M., Boxer, B., Ellis, L, … Aiken, L.H. (2015). Higher quality of care and patient safety associated with better NICU work environments. Journal of Nursing Care Quality. In press.
Kelly, D.M., Kutney-Lee, A., McHugh, M.D., Sloane, D.M. & Aiken, L.H. (2014). Impact of critical care nursing on 30-day mortality of mechanically ventilated older adults. Critical Care Medicine, 42, 1089-1095.10.1097/CCM.0000000000000127
Kutney-Lee, A., Melendez-Torres, G.J., McHugh, M., & Wall, B.M. (2014). Distinct enough? A national examination of Catholic hospital affiliation and patient perceptions of care. Health Care Management Review, 39(2), 134-144. doi: 10.1097/HMR.0b013e31828dc491
- You, L.M.; Aiken, L.H.; Sloane, D.M.; Liu, K.; He, G.; Hu, Y….Kutney-Lee, A. & Sermeus, W. (2013). Hospital nursing, care quality, and patient satisfaction: Cross-sectional surveys of nurses and patients in hospitals in China and Europe.. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 50(2), 154-161.PMID: 22658468
- Kutney-Lee, A., Sloane, D.M., & Aiken, L.H. (2013). An increase in the number of nurses with baccalaureate degrees is linked to lower rates of postsurgery mortality. Health Affairs, 32(3), 579-586.
- Brooks Carthon, M., Jarrin, O., Sloane, D.M., & Kutney-Lee, A. (2013). Variations in postoperative complications across race, ethnicity and sex among older adults. Journal of American Geriatrics Society, 61(9), 1499-1507.
- Kutney-Lee, A. Wu, E., Sloane, D., Aiken, L.H. (2013). Effects of changes in hospital nurse work environments and nurse job outcomes: An analysis of panel data. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 50(2), 195-201.PMID: 22902135