Kathryn Ann Riman, BSN, BSPH, RN
Kathryn Riman is a second-year predoctoral fellow at the Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing. Her research focuses on examining organizational characteristics and policies and their relationships to patient outcomes. Kathryn Riman’s undergraduate training includes a Bachelor’s degree in both Public Health and Nursing from Rutgers University. Kathryn has extensive exposure to both research and policy with internships at the National Institutes of Health, United States Senate, and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
- Squires, A., Germack, H., Muench, U., Stolldorf, D., Witkoski-Stimpfel, A., Yakusheva, O., Brom, H., Harrison, J., Patel, E., Riman, K., Martsolf, G. (2019). The interdisciplinary research group on nursing issues: Advancing health services research, policy, regulation, and practice. Journal of Nursing Regulation.
- de Cordova, P. B., Rogowski, J., Riman, K. A., & McHugh, M. D. (2019). Effects of Public Reporting Legislation of Nurse Staffing: A Trend Analysis. Policy, Politics, & Nursing Practice.
- Lake, E. T., Sanders, J., Duan, R., Riman, K. A., Schoenauer, K. M., & Chen, Y. (2019). A Meta-Analysis of the Associations Between the Nurse Work Environment in Hospitals and 4 Sets of Outcomes. Medical Care, 57(5), 353-361.
- Lake, E. T., Sanders, J., Riman, K. A., Schoenauer, K. M., & Chen, Y. (2019). Outcomes Associated With Good Hospital Work Environments for Nurses.
- de Cordova, P., Johansen, M. L., Riman, K. A., & Rogowski, J. (2018). Public Reporting of Cardiac Outcomes for Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction: A Systematic Review of the Evidence. The Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing.
- de Cordova, P., Rogowski, J., Riman, K., & McHugh, M. (2018, March). Staffing Trends in Magnet and non-Magnet Hospitals after State Legislation. In Nursing Research 67(2), E50-E50.
- de Cordova, P., Rogowski, J., Riman, K., & McHugh, M. (2018, September 13). Big data to trend RN staffing after reporting legislation. Paper presented at the Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science in Washington DC
- de Cordova, P., McHugh, M., & Riman, K. A. (2017, June). The Effects of Public Reporting of Staffing Legislation in New Jersey: A Trend Analysis. Poster presented at AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting in New Orleans, LA.
- Riman, K. (2017, March). An Evaluation of the Trends in Public Reporting in NJ Hospitals Among Adult Psychiatric Patients. In Nursing Research 66(2), E17-E18).