Kathryn Ann Riman, BSN, BSPH, RN
Kathryn Riman is a first-year Predoctoral Fellow in the Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing. Her research focuses on examining organizational characteristics and policies and their relationships to patient outcomes. Kathryn Riman’s undergraduate training includes a Bachelor degree in both Public Health and Nursing from Rutgers University. Kathryn has extensive exposure to both research and policy with internships at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), United States Senate, and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). Kathryn is currently working as a research assistant for Dr. Eileen Lake analyzing studies examining the impact of the nursing work environment in hospitals on five sets of outcomes for a meta-analysis. Kathryn is also writing a paper comparing freestanding and general hospital nursing characteristics, safety, quality of care, operational failures, available programs, staffing, skill mix, and the work environment.
- Lake E.T., Sanders J., Duan, R., Riman K. A., Schoenauer K., & Chen Y. (in press) A meta- analysis of the associations between the nurse work environment in hospitals and four sets of outcomes. Medical Care
- de Cordova, P., Rogowski, J., Riman, K., & McHugh, M. (2018, September 13). Big data to trend RN staffing after reporting legislation. Paper presented at the Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science in Washington DC
- de Cordova, P., Johansen, M. L., Riman, K. A., & Rogowski, J. (2018). Public reporting of cardiac outcomes for patients With acute myocardial infarction: A systematic review of the evidence. The Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing.
- de Cordova, P., Rogowski, J., Riman, K., & McHugh, M. (2018, March). Staffing Trends in Magnet and non-Magnet Hospitals after State Legislation. In Nursing Research (Vol. 67, No. 2, pp. E50-E50).
- de Cordova, P., McHugh, M., & Riman, K. A. (2017, June). The Effects of Public Reporting of Staffing Legislation in New Jersey: A Trend Analysis. Poster presented at AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting in New Orleans, LA.
- Riman, K. (2017, March). An Evaluation of the Trends in Public Reporting in NJ Hospitals Among Adult Psychiatric Patients. In Nursing Research (Vol. 66, No. 2, pp. E17-E18).