Kathryn Ann Riman, BSN, BSPH, RN
Kathryn Riman is a second-year predoctoral fellow at the Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing. Her research focuses on examining organizational characteristics and policies and their relationships to patient outcomes. Kathryn Riman’s undergraduate training includes a Bachelor’s degree in both Public Health and Nursing from Rutgers University. Kathryn has extensive exposure to both research and policy with internships at the National Institutes of Health, United States Senate, and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
- Lake, E.T., Riman, K.A., & Sloane, D.M. (2020). Improved work environments and staffing lead to less missed nursing care: A panel study. Journal of Nursing Management [in press].
- de Cordova, P.D., Jones, T., Riman, K.A., Rogowski, J., & McHugh, M. D. (2020). Staffing trends in Magnet and non-Magnet hospitals after state legislation. Journal of Nursing Care Quality [in press].
- Lasater, K.B., Roberts, K.E., Lake, E.T., Frankenberger, W., McCabe, M., Agosto, P.D., Riman, K.A., Bettencourt, A.P., Schierholz, E.S., Catania, G., Aiken, L.H. (2020). Safety and quality of pediatric services in freestanding children’s and general hospitals. Hospital Pediatrics [in press].
- Barrera-Cancedda, A. E., Riman, K. A., Shinnick, J. E., & Buttenheim, A. M. (2019). Implementation strategies for infection prevention and control promotion for nurses in Sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic review. Implementation Science, 14(1), 111.
- Squires, A., Germack, H., Muench, U., Stolldorf, D., Witkoski-Stimpfel, A., Yakusheva, O., Brom, H., Harrison, J., Patel, E., Riman, K., Martsolf, G. (2019). The interdisciplinary research group on nursing issues: Advancing health services research, policy, regulation, and practice. Journal of Nursing Regulation.
- de Cordova, P. B., Rogowski, J., Riman, K. A., & McHugh, M. D. (2019). Effects of Public Reporting Legislation of Nurse Staffing: A Trend Analysis. Policy, Politics, & Nursing Practice.
- Lake, E. T., Sanders, J., Duan, R., Riman, K. A., Schoenauer, K. M., & Chen, Y. (2019). A Meta-Analysis of the Associations Between the Nurse Work Environment in Hospitals and 4 Sets of Outcomes. Medical Care, 57(5), 353-361.
- Lake, E. T., Sanders, J., Riman, K. A., Schoenauer, K. M., & Chen, Y. (2019). Outcomes Associated With Good Hospital Work Environments for Nurses.
- de Cordova, P., Johansen, M. L., Riman, K. A., & Rogowski, J. (2018). Public Reporting of Cardiac Outcomes for Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction: A Systematic Review of the Evidence. The Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing.
- A. Dierkes, K. Riman, M. McHugh, L. Aiken (2019, June). The association between hospital work envi-ronment and pay for performance penalties. AcademyHealth, Washington, DC]
- K. Roberts, E. Lake, W. Frankenberger, P. Agosto, A. Bettencourt, K. Riman, L. Aiken (2019, June). Pediatric quality and safety in Magnet® and non-Magnet hospitals. AcademyHealth, Washington, DC
- A. Dierkes, K. Riman, M. McHugh, L. Aiken (2019, June). The Association between Hospital Work Environment and Pay for Performance Penalties. AcademyHealth, Washington, DC
- E. Lake, K. Roberts, W. Franken-berger, A. Bettencourt, E. Schierholz, G. Catania, K. Riman, M. McCabe, P. Agosto, L. Aiken (2019, June). Nurse reports of the safety and quality of pediatric services in freestanding and general hospitals. AcademyHealth, Washington, DC
- de Cordova, P., Rogowski, J., Riman, K., & McHugh, M. (2018, March). Staffing Trends in Magnet and non-Magnet Hospitals after State Legislation. In Nursing Research 67(2), E50-E50.
- de Cordova, P., Rogowski, J., Riman, K., & McHugh, M. (2018, September 13). Big data to trend RN staffing after reporting legislation. Paper presented at the Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science in Washington DC
- de Cordova, P., McHugh, M., & Riman, K. A. (2017, June). The Effects of Public Reporting of Staffing Legislation in New Jersey: A Trend Analysis. Poster presented at AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting in New Orleans, LA.
- Riman, K. (2017, March). An Evaluation of the Trends in Public Reporting in NJ Hospitals Among Adult Psychiatric Patients. In Nursing Research 66(2), E17-E18).