Jeannie P. Cimiotti, PhD, RN, FAAN
Associate Professor, Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University
Dr. Jeannie Cimiotti’s research is focused on the health care workforce and the delivery and quality of patient care. Much of her work has been hospital-based, where she has identified aspects of the nurse work environment that are associated with the spread of hospital-acquired infections and infection-related outcomes. She has served as a member of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Safety Program for ICUs and on the U.S. News & World Reports, Best Hospitals for Common Care, Medical Advisory Panel.
- 2018, Best Paper. Center of Studies and Research in Nursing (CEPEn), Federal District, BR
- 2015, Publication Excellence Award. Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Nashville, TN
- 2014, Distinguished Fellow. National Academies of Practice, Alexandria, VA
- 2013, Fellow. American Academy of Nursing, Washington, DC
- 2009, Distinguished Young Alumna. Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, NY
- 2005, Best Paper. Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Baltimore, MD
- 2003, Best Paper. Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, San Antonio, TX
Azevedo, F., Rodrigues, M. D., & Cimiotti, J. P. (in press). Burnout in Brazilian ICUs: A comparison of nurse supervisors and bedside nurses. Advanced Critical Care.
Dutra, H. S., Guirardello, E. B., Li, Y, & Cimiotti, J. P. (in press). Nurse burnout revisited: a comparison of computations based on a complex phenomenon. Journal of Nursing Measurement.
Lucero, R. J., Lindberg, D., Fehlberg, E., Bjarnadottir, R., Li, Y., Cimiotti, J. P., Crane, M., & Prosperi, M. (in press). A data-driven and practice-based approach to identify risk factors associated with hospital-acquired falls: Applying manual and semi- and fully-automated models. International Journal of Medical Informatics.
- Cimiotti, J.P. (in press). Guidelines for Handwashing. In In E. Ackley, B.A. Swan, G. Ladwig, & S. Tucker (Eds.) (Eds.), A Clinical Guide to Evidence-Based Nursing. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier.
McHugh, M.D., Kutney-Lee, A., Cimiotti, J.P., Sloane, D.M., Aiken, L.H. (2011). Nurses’ widespread job dissatisfaction, burnout, and frustration with health benefits signal problems for patient care. Health Affairs, 30, 202-210.
Cimiotti, J.P., Clarke, S.P., Aiken, L.H. (2011). Failure to Rescue. In Harriet R. Feldman et al (Eds.), In Nursing Leadership: A Concise Encyclopedia. (2nd Edition Ed.)(224-226). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Kendall-Gallagher, D., Aiken, L., Sloane, D., Cimiotti, J. (2011). Nurse specialty certification, inpatient mortality, and failure to rescue in the adult surgical population. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 43, 188-194.
- Cimiotti, J.P., Alexander, S., Holtzer, B. (2010). Partnering with other disciplines to help prevent and control infections. In V. Gaudette (Eds.), The Nurse’s Role in Infection Prevention and Control. (Case Study 3-1, C.H.O.P. Ed.)(80-84). Oak Brook, IL: Joint Commission Resources.
- Cimiotti, J., Aiken, L.H. (2010). Nurse Burnout. Nursing Care Management, xx, xx.
- Aiken, L., Sloane, D., Cimiotti, J., Clarke, S., Flynn, L., Spetz, J., Seago, J., Smith, H. (2010). Implications of California nurse staffing mandate for other states. Health Services Research, 45, 904-921.
Kutney-Lee, A., McHugh, M.D., Sloane, D.M., Cimiotti, J.P., Flynn, L., Neff, D.F., & Aiken, L.H. (2009). Nursing: A key to patient satisfaction. Health Affairs, 28(4), w669-w677.
- Cimiotti J.P (2008). Guideline 88 - Infection Control: Hand Hygiene. In Ackley, E., Swan, B.A., Ludwig, G., Tucker, S. (Eds.), Evidence-Based Nursing Care Guidelines medical Surgical Interventions. (468-472). Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier.
- Cimiotti J.P., Aiken L.H., & Poghosyan L (2008). Burnout syndrome in registered nurses. In Halbesleben, J (Eds.), Handbook of Stress and Burnout in Health Care. (51-63). Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.