Barbara Todd, DNP, ACNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN
Director of Advanced Practice at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Director of the CMS Graduate Nurse Education (GNE) Demonstration Project at the Hospital University of Pennsylvania
Senior Fellow, Center for Health Outcomes & Policy Research
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
Dr. Barbara Todd has practiced as a nurse practitioner in the Philadelphia region for the past 32 years. She is an experienced clinician and administrator for advanced practice providers. She has been instrumental in developing NP models of care in several large academic medical centers. Her clinical interest has been in cardiovascular health, with a focus on valvular heart disease and role transition for nurse practitioners. She has published extensively and presented nationally on advanced practice clinical and administrative topics. She is certified in both family practice and acute care. She has served on the planning committee for the American Association of Nurse Practitioner international conference. She is a fellow in the American Association of Nurse Practitioners and American Academy of Nursing. At the American Academy of Nursing, she served on the Primary Care Expert Panel. Through her work during the Graduate Nurse Education Demonstration Project, she has developed a keen interest in studies to evaluate clinical preceptorship models.
- Fellow, American Academy of Nursing, October 2015.
- Hospital University of Pennsylvania. Barbara A. Todd Advanced Practice Leadership Award. November 2013.
- American College of Nurse Practitioners. Award for Service on the Board of Directors. 2010
- Todd, B & Davis, E. Do Nurse Practitioners Need Postgraduate Training? Journal of Nurse Practitioners. April 2016: 12:4.
- Moote M., Krsek C., Kleinpell R., and Todd, B. Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner Utilization in Academic Medical Centers. American Journal of Medical Quality November/December 2011 vol. 26 no. 6 452-460.
- Pryor, J., Todd, B., & Dryer, M. (Eds). (2008). Clinician’s Guide to Surgical Care. New York, NY: McGraw Hill.
- Dryer, M., Todd, B., & Pryor, J. (2008). A Team Approach to Surgical Care. In Pryor, J., Todd, B., & Dryer, M. (Eds.), Clinician’s Guide to Surgical Care. (pp.03-07). New York, NY: McGraw Hill.
- Todd, B., & Williams, M. (2008). General Care of the Surgical Patient. In Pryor, J., Todd, B., & Dryer, M. (Eds.), Clinician’s Guide to Surgical Care. (pp. 15-25).New York, NY: McGraw Hill.