Danielle A. Sarik, PhD, APRN
Research Nurse Scientist, Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, Miami, Fl
Senior Fellow, Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Danielle A. Sarik’s research focuses on the evaluation of healthcare, with a particular emphasis on factors impacting patient safety and health outcomes, healthcare delivery, and the healthcare workforce. Key areas of interest include: pediatric health services, domestic and international health policy and reform, the transition from hospital to home, and the role of advanced practice nurses.
- Advocacy Scholar, National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- Presidential Scholarship, AcademyHealth Institute on Advocacy/Policy
- William Fontaine Fellow, University of Pennsylvania
- Brooks Carthon, M., Wiltse Nicely, K., Altares Sarik, D., & Fairman, J. (in press). Carrots and sticks: Identifying keys to reaching scope of practice reform. Policy, Politics, & Nursing Practice.
- Barnes, H., Maier, C., Altares Sarik, D., Germack, H., Aiken, L., & McHugh, M. (2016). Effects of regulation and payment policies on nurse practitioners’ clinical practices. Medical Care Research and Review. doi:10.1177/1077558716649109. Published online May 13, 2016.
- Brooks Carthon, J. M., Barnes, H., & Altares Sarik, D. (2015). Federal polices influence access to primary care and NP workforce. Journal for Nurse Practitioners,11, 526-530. doi:10.1016/j.nurpra.2015.01.028.
- Shang, J., You, L., Ma, C., Altares, D.,& Aiken, L. (2014). Nurse employment contracts in Chinese hospitals: impact of inequitable benefit structures on nurse and patient satisfaction. Human Resources for Health, 12, 1. doi:10.1186/1478-4491-12-1