Danielle Altares Sarik, PhD, APRN
- Director of Research for Nursing, Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE
- Adjunct Faculty, University of Delaware, College of Health Sciences, Newark, DE
- Senior Fellow, Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Advocare Woodbury Pediatrics, Woodbury, NJ
My research focuses on the evaluation of healthcare, with a particular emphasis on factors impacting patient safety and health outcomes, healthcare delivery, and the healthcare workforce. Key areas of interest include: pediatric health services, domestic and international health policy and reform, the transition from hospital to home, and the role of advanced practice nurses.
- Advocacy Scholar, National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- Presidential Scholarship, AcademyHealth Institute on Advocacy/Policy
- William Fontaine Fellow, University of Pennsylvania
- Brooks Carthon, M., Wiltse Nicely, K., Altares Sarik, D., & Fairman, J. (in press). Carrots and sticks: Identifying keys to reaching scope of practice reform. Policy, Politics, & Nursing Practice.
- Barnes, H., Maier, C., Altares Sarik, D., Germack, H., Aiken, L., & McHugh, M. (2016). Effects of regulation and payment policies on nurse practitioners’ clinical practices. Medical Care Research and Review. doi:10.1177/1077558716649109. Published online May 13, 2016.
- Brooks Carthon, J. M., Barnes, H., & Altares Sarik, D. (2015). Federal polices influence access to primary care and NP workforce. Journal for Nurse Practitioners,11, 526-530. doi:10.1016/j.nurpra.2015.01.028.
- Shang, J., You, L., Ma, C., Altares, D.,& Aiken, L. (2014). Nurse employment contracts in Chinese hospitals: impact of inequitable benefit structures on nurse and patient satisfaction. Human Resources for Health, 12, 1. doi:10.1186/1478-4491-12-1