Install it! Penn provides free anti-virus software for your personal devices
Don’t miss out - Penn provides its community members with Symantec Endpoint Protection anti-virus software at no cost as a security measure to protect your information and Penn sensitive data.
Hacking techniques are increasingly becoming more sophisticated and phishing attacks are on the rise. Malware, including viruses, could be installed on your computing device when you click on a malicious link in email or text message, open a malicious attachment, visit a malware infected website, etc. Malware may allow unauthorized access to your device and to the sensitive information you handle. In addition, malicious software could render your device unusable as well as any other devices connected on the same network.
Prevention by installing and running anti-virus software is a key ingredient to safeguard the computing systems and the data you handle. Simply:
- Visit Antivirus for desktops and laptops webpage at: https://www.isc.upenn.edu/how-to/antivirus-desktops-and-laptops
- Download Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows or Mac
- Scan your computing device at least once a week
- Delete or quarantine viruses when detected
- Run daily or weekly updates for your anti-virus software to install the latest malware definitions
- If you have any questions and concerns about Symantec Endpoint Protection, contact the ITS Service Desk in Fagin Hall Suite #202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org