Penn Nursing Updates - Week of April 5th
Dear Penn Nursing Students,
Please see important information below:
- Career Jump Start & Salary While in School for Nursing (BSN) Students with the U.S. Public Health Service: Calling all BSN students! Below is an opportunity to participate in a paid externship called the Senior Commissioned Officer Student Training Externship Program (SRCOSTEP). The U.S. Public Health Services (USPHS), America’s healthcare first responders, is looking to recruit bright and driven health professional students through the SRCOSTEP program! Interested students can learn more online or contact USPHS BOP recruiter at BOP-HSD/SRCOSTEPS@bop.gov.
- GRADUATING STUDENTS – 2021 Lavender Graduation: All Penn graduate, professional, and undergraduate students who are graduating this May or graduated December 2020 are welcome to register for this year’s virtual celebration of Penn’s LGBTQ+ graduates. Interested individuals must register online.
- Penn Nursing Alumni Mentoring Program: Join the Penn Nursing Alumni Mentoring Program for a shadowing experience, informational interview, career advice or just some encouragement from Penn Nursing Alumni. Join the program to connect and develop your Penn Nursing network. To sign up complete the survey here. If you have any questions about the mentoring program, contact the Penn Nursing Alumni Relations team at NursingAlumni@nursing.upenn.edu.
- Friday, April 9, 10:30 am – Supporting Survivors of Trauma: A Nursing Approach to Trauma-informed Care: Trauma affects both the patient and the clinicians in health care situations—for better or for worse. There are frameworks–but no formula—for responding to trauma. We learn from experience. For more information and RSVP link.
- Tuesday, April 13 - Open for Virtual Legislative Day: Join the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association (PSNA) for Virtual Legislative Day on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 from 8:30 am – 12 pm. Presentations include nurse legislators, PSNA’s legislative partners, policy experts, and more. This is a valuable opportunity for students to hear from those directly involved in the legislative process and how to get involved. Interested students can learn more online.
Wednesday, April 14 (& ongoing) Weekly Virtual Financial Aid Student Hours: All nursing students are invited to sign on with the Financial Aid team each Wednesday this Spring. The team welcomes all inquiries, and plans to respond ‘generally’ to protect personal information (specific follow up will be scheduled with a 1:1 appointment). Please join us at 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. via Bluejeans.
- Please save this information for your quick reference.
- Meeting URL - https://bluejeans.com/8064576986?src=join_info
- Meeting ID: 806 457 6986
- Want to dial in from a phone? Dial one of the following numbers:
- +1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
- +1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
- Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
The Office of Academic Affairs will continue to send regular email announcements which can be found archived online. As always, we are available for virtual appointments or by email. You can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
Enjoy the beautiful day! 😊
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs