Penn Nursing Updates - Week of March 29th
Dear Penn Nursing Students,
Please see important information below:
- APPLY NOW to be a Resident Advisor - Priority Date April 2nd: Applications for Resident Advisor (RA) positions are currently open to all rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors, as well as those who will be full-time enrolled graduate students at Penn in fall 2021. Applications will continue to be accepted after this time, but applicants may not receive consideration until after the applications received before this time are considered. Interested students can learn more online or email email@example.com.
- GRADUATING STUDENTS – ACTION NEEDED: You should have received an email to your Nursing account requesting you to register online and submit critical information for the School of Nursing (SON) Virtual Commencement. These details include providing your name pronunciations, submitting a recent photograph, contributing towards a graduation social media campaign, and more. Please be sure to check your spam filter/junk folder in case this email went there.
- PENN CARES: On Wednesday, March 24, a University-wide email was sent to all students regarding increasing COVID-19 Positivity Rates. The full email can be found online, but the SON wants to remind all students to please make smart decisions during the remaining days of your Spring semester to keep the University and our surrounding communities healthy and safe. The level of future activity and engagement on campus depends on your collective actions.
- MSN Submatriculation Deadline: The deadline for ABSN students and traditional BSN juniors to apply for MSN submatriculation is today, Thursday, April 1. Students can find more information on our website.
- Restricted Traveling: As you plan your upcoming Rest and Recharge days this spring semester, remember your decisions impact the lives and health of your pod, classmates, colleagues, and our West Philadelphia neighbors. Students are not to travel. If for some reason, travel is unavoidable, that travel needs to be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org, as outlined in the Student COVID-19 Related Clinical Compact. Failure to abide by the Compact policies will result in incomplete clinical hours and may delay graduation.
Wednesday, April 7th (& ongoing) Weekly Virtual Financial Aid Student Hours: All nursing students are invited to sign on with the Financial Aid team each Wednesday this Spring. The team welcomes all inquiries, and plans to respond ‘generally’ to protect personal information (specific follow up will be scheduled with a 1:1 appointment). Please join us at 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. via Bluejeans.
- Please save this information for your quick reference.
- Meeting URL - https://bluejeans.com/8064576986?src=join_info
- Meeting ID: 806 457 6986
- Want to dial in from a phone? Dial one of the following numbers:
- +1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
- +1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
- Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
- Friday, April 9, 10:30 am – Supporting Survivors of Trauma: A Nursing Approach to Trauma-informed Care: Trauma affects both the patient and the clinicians in health care situations—for better or for worse. There are frameworks–but no formula—for responding to trauma. We learn from experience. For more information and RSVP link.
- Tuesday, April 13 - Open for Virtual Legislative Day: Join the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association (PSNA) for Virtual Legislative Day on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 from 8:30 am – 12 pm. Presentations include nurse legislators, PSNA’s legislative partners, policy experts, and more. This is a valuable opportunity for students to hear from those directly involved in the legislative process and how to get involved. Interested students can learn more online.
The Office of Academic Affairs will continue to send regular email announcements which can be found archived online. As always, we are available for virtual appointments or by email. You can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs