Penn Nursing Updates - Week of March 1st
Dear Penn Nursing Students,
Please see important information below:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Readiness Survey for SON: Penn Nursing will play a vital role in the COVID-19 vaccine roll out. We want to hear from you about the COVID-19 vaccine. Click here to take the survey and make your voice heard today. Our goal is to hear from every member of the Penn Nursing community. Currently, the survey is only for Penn Nursing affiliated faculty, staff, students, and alumni. If you have any questions, please reach out to Dr. Melanie Kornides at email@example.com.
- Health and Human Services Fellowship Opportunity: Independence Foundation and Philadelphia Health Partnership are establishing a Health and Human Services Fellowship. Applicants must have a completed master’s degree in nursing, public health, health policy, social work or a law degree or other relevant areas by June of 2021 and within the last five years and demonstrate a commitment to work in a health and human services organization, serving vulnerable residents. To learn more, students can register for a virtual information session or contact Ann Torregrossa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APPLY NOW – IBC Foundation Nursing Internship Program: The Independence Blue Cross (IBC) Foundation’s Nursing Internship Program is still accepting applications for select nurse intern positions at community health centers. This year there is a particular need of applicants who are proficient and fluent in Spanish. Students who are interested may view the position descriptions and apply online by Friday, March 5th. Questions may be directed to Zaynah Henry, Manager, Foundation Initiatives, at email@example.com.
REMINDER, NOW AVAILABLE – Upload Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination: Students should see a new section in Complio that allows for proof of COVID-19 vaccination. If you have received the COVID vaccine, please:
- Upload proof of vaccination to Complio. Students will not be marked noncompliant if proof of vaccination is not uploaded.
- Notify Student Health Services (SHS) of proof of vaccination by uploading all documentation to the online student health services portal. If you have questions, please reach out to the Immunization Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. SHS must see that proof of vaccination with exact dates of the vaccine to determine whether you need to quarantine or not.
Wednesday, March 10 (& ongoing) Weekly Virtual Financial Aid Student Hours: All nursing students are invited to sign on with the Financial Aid team each Wednesday this Spring. The team welcomes all inquiries, and plans to respond ‘generally’ to protect personal information (specific follow up will be scheduled with a 1:1 appointment). Please join us at 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. via Bluejeans.
- Please save this information for your quick reference.
- Meeting URL - https://bluejeans.com/8064576986?src=join_inf
- Meeting ID: 806 457 6986
- Want to dial in from a phone? Dial one of the following numbers:
- +1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
- +1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
- Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
- Friday, March 5 – Virtual Graduate Open House: Join faculty and admissions staff for a virtual open house on our MSN and Nurse Anesthesia DNP programs. You will have the opportunity to attend two sessions on your program(s) of interest and an information session on admissions and financial aid. You are not required to stay the entire time to join the different sessions. Pre-registration is required online and please visit the event website to view the day’s agenda.
- Thursday, March 11 (3-part Webinar : Immigrant Access to Healthcare & the Barriers They Face - Join CHOP’s Community Nurse Advocacy Fellowship Project in conjunction with Community Legal Services, a collaboration brought to you by Family Justice Partnership, for a 3-part webinar series titled: Immigrant Access to Healthcare & the Barriers They Face. Please visit the event website to learn more.
- Tuesday, March 23 (& ongoing) - Professional Development and Career Resource Opportunities: The Weitzman School presents the Entrepreneur in Residence Program, with Stuart Weitzman, W’63, Founder and Chairman Emeritus, Stuart Weitzman LLC. The award-winning designer and footwear icon will host student sessions to discuss building his company, creating marketing and branding strategies, and understanding the value of design. The Entrepreneur-in-Residence sessions will be hosted virtually by the Weitzman School and are open to all Penn students. Interested students can learn more and register online.
- Saturday, March 27 - The Pennsylvania Coalition of Nurse Practitioners (PCNP) is holding a virtual Student Symposium designed to help Nurse Practitioner students who are at or nearing their transition from student to practice. Students can learn more about the Symposium and can register through the event website. The cost of the event is $50 for PCNP members and $100 for non-members - non-members receive a PCNP membership for one year. The attendees are provided an electronic booklet containing valuable information and resources to help them navigate the next steps in their career.
The Office of Academic Affairs will continue to send regular email announcements which can be found archived online. As always, we are available for virtual appointments or by email. You can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
I hope you were able to enjoy this beautiful sunny day!
Until next week 😊
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs