Penn Nursing Updates: week of December 14
Dear Penn Nursing Students,
As the fall semester comes to an end, please see important information below:
- Penn Nursing’s Plans for the Spring Semester: As you are aware, the cases of COVID-19 continue to rise around the country. At this time, we are still planning to implement our plans for the Spring Semester as outlined here. Should these plans need to be modified based on University, state, city, and/or health agency guidance, we will be in contact with you over the winter break. We continue to work closely with University and clinical partners as things evolve.
Quarantine and Testing for Spring 2021 – Penn Nursing (as recommended by Student Health Service) will be following the guidelines issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Health regarding quarantine/testing (this can be found online here) for return to campus in Spring 2021. This will apply for residents of PA as well as those students returning from out of state.
- All BSN sophomores, juniors, seniors and ABSN students need to return to Philadelphia (on-campus or off-campus housing) between 1/10/21 and 1/14/21 to begin the 7-day quarantine and testing requirements by Penn Wellness/SHS.
- All BSN freshmen should select their move-in date as directed by Residential and Housing Services. In-person simulation for freshmen will occur in April.
- All BSN students will need to COVID test twice per week. Penn Wellness/SHS will be sending out more information directly to students.
- All MSN/DNP students will need to return to campus and quarantine for 7-days prior to beginning in-person simulation or clinical (if you have left the campus). MSN and DNP students will need to test once a week per Penn Wellness/SHS guidelines (unless you are completing your clinicals outside of the tri-state area). The tri-state area includes: Philadelphia and its suburbs, northern DE, Southern NJ. You must complete your return to campus testing prior to resuming in-person simulation and clinicals in January 2021. The testing sites will open on January 4, 2021. If you have traveled, please be sure you wait 5 days before testing and complete the 7-day quarantine. Penn Wellness/SHS will be sending out more information directly to students.
- Information about Quarantine and Testing (named Project Quaker) for Spring 2021 will be populated on this Penn website. Additional information can be found in the Penn News Today article.
- Last Call for Alumni Award Nominations: The deadline is approaching, and nominations will be accepted until Thursday, December 31. Learn more about how to nominate here online.
Please note that most of the University (including the School of Nursing) will be closed for the winter break from December 24th through January 5th. As mentioned above, testing will resume on January 4th.
The Office of Academic Affairs will continue to send regular email announcements in the Spring 2021 semester which can be found archived online. As always, we are available for virtual appointments or by email. You can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
Please continue to follow all public health guidelines: wash your hands regularly, practice physical distancing, and wear a mask.
Wishing you a restful break,
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs