Penn Nursing Updates: Week of December 7th
Dear School of Nursing Students,
Please see important information below:
Ongoing efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- PennOpen Pass: All semester long, students have been expected to complete PennOpen Pass, regardless of whether they are reporting to campus or clinical on that specific day. Daily tracking is critical to reducing the spread of COVID-19. Students are required to show the pass when entering Fagin Hall or to their clinical instructor/preceptor upon arrival to their clinical site. If you are unsure of how to use PennOpen Pass, please view the implementation toolkit and visit the frequent asked questions page.
- Student Campus Compact concern or alleged violation: An online form has been created that members of the Penn community may use to report concerns of alleged violation of the student campus compact. If you overhear conversations about individuals travelling or gathering in large groups or you observe something first-hand, you can complete this anonymous survey to help keep others safe.
- UPDATE: Penn Nursing Student COVID-19 Related Clinical Compact: The School of Nursing is currently reviewing the Fall Student COVID-19 Related Clinical Compact to determine necessary updates for Spring 2021. Please stay tuned for more information.
- COVID-19 Dashboard: In order to protect students, faculty, staff, and the community surrounding Penn, the University of Pennsylvania has developed a strategy for weekly screening for COVID-19 for those with sustained presence on campus in group settings. To view this updated report, visit the online dashboard.
- Spring 2021 Return to Campus for Nursing students: More information will be shared next week about the Spring 2021 quarantine and testing guidelines for Nursing students returning to campus in Spring 2021. Please be sure to continue to read these emails each week.
- Penn Nursing Alumni Mentoring Program: Students are invited to sign up for our Penn Nursing Alumni Mentoring Program for a shadowing experience, informational interview, career advice or just some encouragement. To sign up as a mentee, complete the survey here. If you have any questions about the mentoring program, contact the Penn Nursing Alumni Relations team at NursingAlumni@nursing.upenn.edu.
- Friday, December 11 – Minorities in Nursing Organization (MNO) and Nursing Student Wellness Advisory Board Study Hours: With the semester coming to an end, come destress with us. Breathing exercises, guided meditation, and more! It’s time for a gift of wellness. Please join us at 12:00noon-1:00 p.m. at Meeting URL: tinyurl.com/Studyhrs12
- Friday, December 11 - Monthly Alumni-Student Networking Series: Join Penn Nursing Alumni for our first Alumni-Student Networking on Friday, December 11 at 2:00 p.m. This will be an opportunity to connect with fellow students and alumni in various fields about job experience, life after graduation, and more! Share job-hunting tips and insights on managing your career and education. Students can register online here.
Wednesday, December 16 – Final Fall 2020 Virtual Financial Aid Student Hours: All nursing students are invited to sign on with the Financial Aid team for the final Fall 2020 Student Hours. The team welcomes all inquiries, and plans to respond ‘generally’ to protect personal information (specific follow up will be scheduled with a 1:1 appointment). Please join us at 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. via Bluejeans.
- Please save this information for your quick reference.
- Meeting URL - https://bluejeans.com/8064576986?src=join_info
- Meeting ID: 806 457 6986
- Want to dial in from a phone? Dial one of the following numbers:
- +1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
- +1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
- Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
Wednesday, December 16 - Library 101: Are you working on a paper and need to quickly get your hands on books, articles, or other media from the Penn Libraries? Discover the best way to request something for pick up at Van Pelt Library, or have it mailed directly to your door, or to receive a PDF scan of an article or book chapter. Library 101 will make it easy and has the answers for you. For more information or if interested in attending, register online here.
The Office of Academic Affairs will continue to send regular email announcements which can be found archived online. As always, we are available for virtual appointments or by email. You can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs