Penn Nursing Updates: Week of November 2nd - Support for the 2020 Election and More
Dear Penn Nursing Students,
Please see important information below:
- Community Education and Support for the 2020 Election: All members of the Penn community are invited to participate in informational and supportive virtual events following the November 3rd Presidential Election. These events can be found online here. A collection of Penn Student Support Resources can be found online here.
- Promoting NCLEX-RN Success webinar - Calling all BSN August 2020 and December 2020 graduates: Penn Nursing has contracted with Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) to offer students tools to prepare more efficiently, increase confidence, and identify areas necessary for review in order to successfully pass the NCLEX-RN exam. BSN August 2020 and December 2020 graduates should have received a Canvas invitation with more webinar details. If you have not received this Canvas invitation, please email Dann Truitt at firstname.lastname@example.org. *Note, these webinars will be recorded and made available on Canvas for those who cannot attend.
- Conversation with Councilmember Kendra Brooks & Penn Nursing Students: A Model for Civic Engagement: Councilmember Kendra Brooks is a politician and activist who won a seat on Philadelphia City Council as third-party candidate - the Working Families Party. Join us virtually on Monday, 11/9/2020, to hear her inspiring story of civic engagement along with the civic engagement experiences of some of our student nursing leaders. Students can register online here or contact Terri Lipman, PhD, CRNP, FAAN, Assistant Dean for Community Engagement for more information.
- COVID-19 Dashboard: In order to protect students, faculty, staff, and the community surrounding Penn, the University of Pennsylvania has developed a strategy for weekly screening for COVID-19 for those with sustained presence on campus in group settings. To view this updated report, visit the online dashboard.
- Penn Nursing’s Plans for the Spring 2021 Semester: Read the full email online here. More detailed information will be forthcoming.
- Coming Saturday, 12/5/2020 - PennDemic 3 (Virtual edition): PennDemic is an annual interprofessional simulation addressing the circumstances around an actual or impending emergency or disaster. The event runs from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. EST. to allow our west coast students to participate (without losing sleep!). Students can register online here or contact email@example.com for more information. This event is free of charge and open to students from all schools/majors at Penn.
The Office of Academic Affairs will continue to send regular email announcements which can be found archived online. As always, we are available for virtual appointments or by email. You can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs