Penn Nursing Updates week of September 21 - Important Travel Notification Updates
Dear School of Nursing Students,
Please see important reminders and updates outlined below:
UPDATE: Penn Nursing Student COVID-19 Related Clinical Compact: The University Student Campus Compact and the School of Nursing Student COVID-19 Related Clinical Compact both discourage travel for personal reasons. The Penn Nursing Student COVID-19 Related Clinical Compact has been amended in Complio. All students are required to report all non-academic personal travel as soon as possible but no later than one week before travel to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note* If you have already traveled and did not inform the School, please do so ASAP by emailing email@example.com.
Weekly Virtual Student Hour Opportunities:
CANCELED week of 9/22 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. General Student Hours: This week’s regularly scheduled student hours are canceled due to scheduling conflicts. Below are important updates from last week’s student hours:
- Question: Does Penn Nursing cover the cost of UWorld?
- Answer: Penn Nursing offers the widely used and highly regarded ATI NCLEX-prep tool to all Penn nursing BSN students in their graduating semester. It provides for testing, any needed remediation assistance, and re-testing. Students have access to it for one year, so that access will extend after graduation, as the login to your account will take you to the ATI site. The Biomedical Library also has NCLEX-prep tools available for use by all Nursing students at no cost.
- Question: If students are staying for Thanksgiving, would that open opportunities to complete psych clinical hours after the course has ended?
- Answer: The plan for N235 clinical is to be completed within the scheduled 5 weeks of the course.
- Question: On-campus housing past Thanksgiving - Do students have to move out?
- Answer: We understand that students currently living in on-campus housing will be allowed to stay past Thanksgiving. More information will be distributed by Residential Housing Services about this.
- CANCELED week of 9/22 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. General Student Hours: This week’s regularly scheduled student hours are canceled due to scheduling conflicts. Below are important updates from last week’s student hours:
- PennOpen Pass: As a reminder, all students must perform daily symptom checks using PennOpen Pass before the start of each day, regardless of whether they are reporting to campus or clinical on that specific day. Daily tracking is critical to reducing the spread of COVID-19. Students are required to show the pass when entering Fagin Hall or to their clinical instructor/preceptor upon arrival to their clinical site. The University is collecting and sharing results of COVID-19 testing in the Penn community. To view this updated report, visit the online dashboard.
- Penn Wellness: The University’s Wellness Services COVID-19 FAQ has important information and clarification on the following topics: testing, contact tracing, isolation/quarantine, PennOpen Pass, and Campus Life. Learn more online at wellness.upenn.edu/coronavirus/.
- NOW OPEN - Penn Nursing Student-Alumni Mentor Program: Penn Nursing Alumni is piloting a new Student-Alumni Network to connect current students and recent graduates with alums of Penn Nursing programs for a variety of mentoring opportunities including shadowing, informational interviews, ongoing mentoring, and more. To learn more, complete this online form.
Please know that we are available for virtual appointments or by email. You can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
Happy first week of Fall!
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs