Penn Nursing Updates: week of September 14 - Strategies for Remote Learning & Opportunities for Virtual Student Involvement and Fall Engagement
Dear School of Nursing Students,
Please see important reminders and updates outlined below:
- Strategies for Remote Learning: The University’s Weingarten Learning Resources Center has been sharing resources to support students in their online learning. Visit their website for quick tips for remote learning.
- Moving Social Justice Forward at Penn Nursing: Penn Nursing has long embraced social justice as one its core values, and upon which the School has built a strong foundation from which to address structural racism in our School, University, and communities. This past May, the Dean asked the Penn Nursing community to come together in the fight against systemic racism and bias to enhance a living, learning, and healing environment that is safe for all. Read online the full report on moving social justice forward at Penn Nursing.
2 Weekly Virtual Student Hour Opportunities:
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Financial Aid Specific Student Hours: In an effort to reduce email traffic, all nursing students are invited to sign on with the Financial Aid team each Wednesday this Fall. The team welcomes all inquiries, and plans to respond ‘generally’ to protect personal information (specific follow up will be scheduled with a 1:1 appointment).
- 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. General Student Hours: All nursing students are invited to sign on with Deans Sochalski or Costanzo each Wednesday this Fall to ask questions, get an answer, and either stay to listen to remaining Q&A, or sign off until next time.
- Bluejeans sign on information will remain the same for both Virtual Student Hours each Wednesday this Fall, unless informed otherwise. Please save this information for your quick reference.
- Meeting URL - https://bluejeans.com/8064576986?src=join_info
- Meeting ID: 806 457 698 6
- Want to dial in from a phone? Dial one of the following numbers:
- +1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
- +1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
- Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
- AVAILABLE NOW - Penn Nursing Magazine Editorial Board Student Representative: Student representatives are needed to help develop content for the School’s biannual flagship publication, Penn Nursing Magazine. To learn more about this role and express your interest, please complete this online form.
- Alumni-Student Connections Continue: The Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA) and Penn Nursing Alumni Board are proud to share plans for the Fall that continue alumni-student connections. Stay tuned for more details to be shared via email from NursingAlumni@nursing.upenn.edu.
- Three Virtual Alumni-Student Career Transition/Networking events include:
- Launching Your Career for Accelerated Students featuring ABSN alumni;
- Welcome event for first-year students featuring members of the Alumni Board;
- Homecoming Alumni and Student Networking – All students are welcome to register online here.
- Save the Date for Homecoming 2020: Saturday, November 14
Please know that we are available for virtual appointments or by email. You can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs