SON Updates week of September 7 - Student Printing Capability at Fagin Hall
Dear School of Nursing Students,
Please see important reminders and updates outlined below:
- Student Campus Compact: Penn Nursing thanks those of you who have utilized the online form that has been created to report concerns of potential violations of the student campus compact. Your commitment to protecting the health of Penn students, faculty, and staff and our Philadelphia community and patients is a public health responsibility that we must all take seriously. If you overhear conversations about individuals travelling or gathering in large groups or you observe something first-hand, please do not hesitate to complete this anonymous survey to help keep others safe.
COVID-19 student testing: All students who will be completing simulation and clinical within the tri-state area (PA/NJ/DE) are required to have COVID-19 testing. This is a University requirement for ALL ABSN, BSN, MSN, and DNP students as per previous Penn Nursing correspondence. Testing appointments can be made online at wellness.upenn.edu/coronavirus/ or students can show proof of recent testing to SHS by emailing results to email@example.com. If you have questions about operationalizing this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions not addressed via the linked URL.
- Note* The tri-state area governing the Penn campus is: Philadelphia and its surrounding suburbs including South Jersey and Northern Delaware.
- PennOpen Pass: As a reminder, all students must perform daily symptom checks using PennOpen Pass before the start of each day, regardless of whether they are reporting to campus or clinical on that specific day. Daily tracking is critical to reducing the spread of COVID-19. Students are required to show the pass when entering Fagin Hall or to their clinical instructor/preceptor upon arrival to their clinical site. Learn more online about PennOpen Pass and to view the implementation toolkit.
- Printing at Fagin Hall: During recent Student Hours, Penn Nursing learned that there was a growing need for students to have access to printing capabilities. The Penn Nursing Information Technology Services (ITS) would like to announce that printing at Fagin Hall is now available to all Penn Nursing students approved to be on-campus for simulation or clinical. Options include:
Fall Student Hours: Fall Student Hours are offered weekly at 4:30 p.m. EST on Wednesdays. As a reminder, all nursing students are invited to sign on to ask any question they might have, get an answer, and either stay to listen to remaining Q&A, or sign off until next time.
- Meeting URL - https://bluejeans.com/8064576986?src=join_info
- Meeting ID: 806 457 698 6
- Want to dial in from a phone? Dial one of the following numbers:
- +1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
- +1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
- Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
Please know that we are available for virtual appointments or by email. You can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs