SON Updates Week of August 31 - Welcome to the Fall Semester – IMPORTANT information on COVID Testing
Dear School of Nursing Students,
Penn Nursing is excited to see you in person or virtually for the start of the new academic year. As we begin to re-connect please read the important reminders and updates outlined below:
- COVID-19 student testing: As a reminder, all students who will be completing simulation and clinical within the tri-state area (PA/NJ/DE) are required to have COVID-19 testing. This is a University requirement for ALL ABSN, BSN, MSN, and DNP students as per previous Penn Nursing correspondence. As of this week it has been reported that only 75/300 graduate students have completed COVID-19 testing. Testing appointments can be made online at wellness.upenn.edu/coronavirus/ or students can show proof of recent testing to SHS by emailing results to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are having any difficulty scheduling an appointment, please email email@example.com. If you have questions not addressed via the linked URL, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note* The tri-state area governing the Penn campus is: Philadelphia and its surrounding suburbs including South Jersey and Northern Delaware.
- Fall Student Hours: Fall Student Hours will begin on Wednesday, September 2 and be offered weekly at 4:30 p.m. EST on Wednesdays. As a reminder, all nursing students are invited to sign on to ask any question they might have, get an answer, and either stay to listen to remaining Q&A, or sign off until next time.
- Meeting URL - https://bluejeans.com/8064576986?src=join_info
- Meeting ID: 806 457 698 6
- Want to dial in from a phone? Dial one of the following numbers:
- +1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
- +1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
- Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
- Fall 2020 Tuition rollback: All Penn Nursing students should have received an email from the Penn Nursing Registrar, Isabel Boston outlining the details for Fall 2020 tuition rollback and general fee credits. If you did not receive this email, please email email@example.com.
- Student Campus Compact concern or alleged violation: An online form has been created that members of the Penn community may use to report concerns of alleged violation of the student campus compact. If you overhear conversations about individuals travelling or gathering in large groups or you observe something first-hand, you can complete this anonymous survey to help keep others safe.
- Learning From Address: With students studying from locations across the globe this fall, timely and accurate student address information is more important than ever. Please confirm or update your address information when you log in to Penn InTouch. The Learning-From Address was made available to all students in Penn InTouch on August 12, 2020.
Please know that we are available for virtual appointments or by email. You can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
Best wishes as you start the fall semester!
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs