SON Updates week of August 17th: IMPORTANT - Best Practices When On-Campus and Inside Fagin Hall
Dear School of Nursing Students,
As students return to campus, Penn Nursing remains committed to providing a supportive and engaging student experience. Please read the following information carefully. Additional information and reminders are outlined below.
- Penn Nursing Student COVID-19 Related Clinical Compact: The Student Clinical Compact is now LIVE in Complio for students to electronically review, sign, and submit in order to participate in clinical and simulation training. Students will begin to receive an automated email from Complio throughout this week, as well as a separate email containing instructions on how to electronically review, sign, and submit.
- Note* This will require your e-signature and submission before being allowed to return to clinical or simulation experiences for the fall semester.
- Best practices while inside Fagin Hall: Last week the SON faculty, staff, and administration were thrilled to see Nursing students return to Fagin Hall for in-person simulation training. As a reminder, we’re asking everyone who is in the building at any time to practice the following Campus Movement agreements as outlined in the University Student Campus Compact. Students agree:
- To congregate only in designated outdoor and indoor areas of campus, wearing a facial covering, maintaining adequate physical distance of 6 ft, and complying with all signage.
- To sit only in seats designated and clearly marked as available in classrooms and other campus buildings.
- To follow procedures for entering and exiting classrooms and for entering and exiting rows of seating in classrooms, which will be clearly marked on signs in and around classrooms.
- To follow procedures for entering and exiting campus buildings, which will be visible on signs near the entrances and exits of campus buildings.
- COVID-19 student testing: The University’s Student Health Services will begin contacting all nursing students with details regarding mandatory on-campus testing for COVID-19. ABSN, BSN, MSN, and DNP-Nurse Anesthesia students who will have simulation training at Fagin Hall and/or attend clinical experiences in the Philadelphia area should keep a look out for this communication through their Penn email.
- ABSN student COVID-19 testing this week: The SON learned that as part of the University’s Student Health Services COVID-19 testing, students were asked to bring with them a required printed requisition form. To assist those students without access to print, the SON has printed copies of this required form for students to pick up at the security desk in Fagin Hall. As a reminder, students are required to show their green PennOpen Pass when entering Fagin Hall.
- Penn Wellness: The University’s Wellness Services COVID-19 FAQ has important information and clarification on the following topics: quarantining before arrival to campus, testing, contact tracing, isolation/quarantine, PennOpen Pass, and Campus Life. Learn more online at wellness.upenn.edu/coronavirus/.
- PennOpen Pass: As a reminder, all students must perform daily symptom checks using PennOpen Pass before the start of each day, regardless of whether they are reporting to campus on that particular day. Daily tracking is critical to reducing the spread of COVID-19. Students are required to show the pass when entering Fagin Hall or to their clinical instructor/preceptor upon arrival to their clinical site. Learn more online about PennOpen Pass and to view the implementation toolkit.
- Remaining Summer Student Hours: We thank those of you who have been able to join our ongoing summer “Student Hours” and appreciate the questions that you have brought. The final two dates are Wednesday, 8/19, and 8/26. We are in the process of establishing how to best offer student hours during the fall semester. If you have suggestions for how to achieve this, please email them to Dann Truitt.
- Meeting URL - https://bluejeans.com/8064576986?src=join_info
- Meeting ID: 806 457 698 6
- Want to dial in from a phone? Dial one of the following numbers:
- +1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
- +1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
- Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
Please know that we are available throughout the last few weeks of summer via virtual appointments or email. You can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs