Panopto is a video creation and storage platform that integrates into Canvas. Panopto enables faculty and students to organize existing videos, record materials, perform inside-video searches, take quizzes, administer quizzes, and more.
Get Started with Panopto
Faculty and Staff
For Panopto help, or to enable Panopto in your course:
What are the benefits of Panopto?
- Faculty and students can create, manage, and share video content for discussion and assignments.
- Mobile device support (tablets and phones).
- Video files are uploaded directly to Canvas and can be used in addition to or in lieu of other assignment submission types.
How can I use Panopto?
- DIY “screencast” and lecture videos with slides.
- Automatic upload of Zoom recordings scheduled through Canvas.
- Upload other videos and media files.
- Embed videos on Canvas.
- Student video projects and assignments.