Security Tools & Resources
Data Sharing and Storage
- SecureShare: Secure Share enables the secure exchange of sensitive data files between faculty, staff, and students.
- Encrypted Shared Drive: Setup a secure collaborative space to store sensitive research data and files. Contact the ITS Service Desk to setup a new encrypted shared drive location.
- Penn+Box: A Cloud-based collaboration service for securely managing and sharing files and folders within the Penn community and externally.
Account and Password Protection
- LastPass Password Vault: A secure password manager which will allow you to use different, complex passwords across multiple accounts.
- Two-Step Authentication: Provides an added layer of protection when accessing PennKey-protected web sites and applications.
- Password Reset: If you need to reset your password for your PennO365 Email Account, School of Nursing Account or PennKey you can do so at our website.
- Antivirus Protection: Penn provides you with Symantec Endpoint Protection antivirus software at no cost to help secure your computer and the data stored on it.
- Free Software: Penn provides a wide range of recommended software for its users. For more information and download links, please see the Supported Computing Products website.
- Secure Your Information: Penn takes various measures to secure your confidential information, and we depend on you to do the same.
- Secure Your Information: Steps to protect your confidential information and the University computing assets.
- Phishing: Information on how to protect yourself from phishing scams and copies of recent phishing email messages sent to the Penn Community.
- Information Security Essentials: This online training is offered through Knowledge Link and consists of three short videos targeted to raise awareness about Computer Compromises, Passwords & Phishing and Lost or Stolen Data & Devices.
Data Security on Foreign Travel: Key information and security recommendations on how to protect Penn systems and data while abroad.