Creating and Sharing Stories
Stories are just one of the “content types” available in LiveWhale. (The others are events, galleries, forms, profiles, and blurbs.) But they’re central to the content strategy behind the new Penn Nursing site. Creating stories, and sharing them with other groups, is fundamental to the new site.
For information on sharing your news on the Magliacano Digital Communications Center, please click here.
Create or Edit a Story:
Sharing and Privacy
- To suggest your story to the main Penn Nursing site (including the homepage), select Core Site from the group list, or just click the box, “Suggest to Penn Nursing main site.” This allows it to be posted anywhere on the site, including possibly the homepage, and also includes it for consideration to be displayed on the digital screens in the building.
- You can suggest your story to any other group at Penn Nursing, if it’s something they might be interested in.
- You can start typing a group’s name and it will appear for selection. Or click “Show All Groups.”
- Privacy options affect the visibility of your story to users. You can restrict visibility to logged-in Penn Nursing users, or only to logged in users in your own group. This should be used only for sensitive or explicitly non-public content.
Sharing on the Magliacano Digital Communications Center (MDCC)
To prepare your story or news item to be shared on the MDCC, please follow the steps below.
- Make sure your story summary is between 75 and 125 words. Your summary should not be longer than 125 words or it may not display properly and content could get cut off.
- When uploading the main image to accompany the story, please upload the highest resolution image available. The higher the resolution, the better.
- Add the tag, “testscreens” to the tag field.
- Once you have completed the above steps, save your content.
- Go to this page to view a test of how your content will display on the MDCC to make sure everything looks correct (the content must be “Live” to view here—it can’t be hidden).
- If anything needs adjustment, please repeat the previous steps. If everything looks correct, please remove the “testscreens” tag from your content and save.
- Once you have confirmed your content will display correctly and is ready to go, share your story or news item with the Core Site (see the first bullet point in the Sharing and Privacy section above).
- Once a Marketing and Communications team member has reviewed the content, we will add to the MDCC. Feel free to let us know you have shared the content with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.