Penn Global Nursing Fellowship: Hosts
Penn Nursing’s Global Nursing Fellowship Program is designed to support the health-related work of global organizations committed to serving vulnerable populations. If your organization has a meaningful project that can benefit from our skilled graduates and faculty, we would like to hear from you.
Invitation to Apply/ Benefits to Host Organizations
Global organizations engaged in health-related work and committed to serving vulnerable populations are invited to submit a proposal to host a Penn Global Nursing Fellow to engage in a meaningful project. The host organization will benefit from the assistance of a Penn Nursing graduate with agreed-upon skills and commitment while developing relationships with global leaders in nursing and healthcare. The application can be started by completing the Penn Global Nursing Fellows Host-Site Application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful Host Organization Characteristics
- Commitment to improving life for vulnerable populations
- Possession of a track record of effective mentoring and use of resources
- Reputation for positive impact on the communities they serve
- Ability to propose impactful projects with opportunities for meaningful collaboration by Fellows
- Capacity to provide active supervision and logistical, orientation, and material support
- GNFP host organization application submissions accepted on a rolling basis
- Projects are evaluated for suitability
- Fellows and mentors matching host organization needs are identified (more information about recruitment below)
- Host organizations help to select finalists
- Start and end date for duration of three to twelve months are determined
- Agreements are signed
- Fellow engages in the project for three to twelve months
- Post Fellowship, feedback is invited from host organizations and Fellows
About Global Nursing Fellows Recruitment
The Penn Global Nursing Fellowship Program (PGNF) was designed in response to the desire of our graduates (alumni) to engage in meaningful global health work. The PGNF program provides financial and Penn faculty mentoring support that allows Penn Global Nursing Fellows to make a significant contribution to a worthwhile global effort. The mechanics of the PGNF program involve matching of host-organization-specified needs with skills that our alumni Fellows, along with a Penn Nursing Faculty mentor, can provide.
Fellowships available through the Penn Global Nursing Fellowship program have been made possible through the Beatrice Renfield Foundation and individual funders. These fellowships provide Fellows with an opportunity for extended global engagement of three months to a year, depending on the needs of the organization.
If the host organization and the Fellow wish to continue to collaborate beyond the Penn Global Nursing Fellowship period, it is the responsibility of those two parties to discuss the terms of that continued collaboration; e.g. a paid consultancy. That continued collaboration will no longer receive direct support from Penn Nursing.
For questions, please contact Penn Nursing’s Global Health Affairs office at email@example.com.