Faculty New Hires
Welcome to the Penn Nursing community!
Congratulations on your new role at Penn Nursing! To expedite your hiring process, the documents and forms below should be submitted as follows:
- Applicant names on all documents & forms must be consistent and must match (e.g. maiden name vs married name).
Please provide the following to the Office of Faculty Affairs:
- An original copy of all official college transcripts. If your institution provides it, the preference is to have a secured electronic copy of the transcript sent to the email below. If secured electronic copies are not available, it is best to have the transcripts sent directly to you at this time. Please scan them, email them, and then deliver them to our office when the school reopens.
In addition, please fill out and submit the following:
- General Information
- PA State Board Faculty Qualification Form
- PA State Board Faculty Completion of Regulatory Requirements (this is required for applicants who do not possess a Master’s degree in nursing)
Once you have your documents and completed forms ready, please send them to OFAContracts@nursing.upenn.edu
When the Office of Faculty Affairs receives your General Information form, it will be forwarded to Payroll. Your information will then be entered into Workday, Penn’s human resources, payroll and financials platform. You will receive an email from Workday with instructions on how to proceed with the onboarding process.
You will then need to visit Onboard@Penn . Please note you will not be able to go to the Onboard@Penn Center until you have completed the steps outlined in the email from Workday.
You will complete the remainder of your onboarding tasks at the University’s new onboarding center, Onboard@Penn , including:
- verifying your social security number
- collecting your Form W-4 (original must be submitted)
In order to complete these tasks please visit www.onboard.upenn.edu to schedule your appointment. *Please note that the Onboard@Penn location on campus will suspend onsite operations March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020 subject to possible extension. During this period, Onboard@Penn will utilize Equifax I-9 Anywhere to continue processing I-9s for all new hires of the University. Please visit www.onboard.upenn.edu for further information.
Click here for what to bring to Onboard@Penn.
- The completed W-4 form must be the original document and must be either mailed or delivered in person.
- The I-9 form and supporting documentation (e.g. passport, driver’s license, etc) must be reviewed and verified in person.
- Penn Faculty and Staff Voluntary Self-Identification Form
Access to Penn Nursing’s Systems
To gain access to the systems at the School of Nursing, users need a PennKey username and password. Please follow the instructions here to initiate that process and help us get you connected.