Faculty New Hires
Welcome to the Penn Nursing community!
Congratulations on your new role at Penn Nursing! To expedite your hiring process, the documents and forms below should be submitted as follows:
- Applicant names on all documents & forms must be consistent and must match (e.g. maiden name vs married name).
Please provide the following to the Office of Faculty Affairs:
- An original copy of all official college transcripts. It is best to have the transcripts sent directly to you and then deliver them, unopened, to our office.
In addition, please fill out and submit the following:
- General Information
- PA State Board Faculty Qualification Form
- PA State Board Faculty Completion of Regulatory Requirements (this is required for applicants who do not possess a Master’s degree)
Once you have your documents and completed forms ready, please send them to OFAContracts@nursing.upenn.edu , or mail your completed forms to:
Office of Faculty Affairs
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
418 Curie Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4217
You will complete the remainder of your onboarding tasks at the University’s new onboarding center, Onboard@Penn , including:
- verifying your social security number
- collecting your Form W-4 (original must be submitted)
In order to complete these tasks please visit www.onboard.upenn.edu to schedule your appointment as soon as possible. You will need to schedule your in-person appointment on or prior to your first day at Penn. Onboard@Penn is located at 3425 Walnut Street, Street Level. Normal hours of operation are 9:00 am - 5:00 pm ET, Monday - Thursday; 9:00 am - 3:00 pm ET, Friday.
If you have not completed part 1 of your I-9 form please go to www.hr.upenn.edu/I9 , select NURSING from the dropdown box and complete Section 1 of the I-9. When you come in for your appointment with Onboard@Penn, you must bring in the appropriate documentation in order to complete the I-9 process. It is helpful if you bring this documentation on your first day of work or before your start date, but it must be presented no later than the third day after you begin work. For your information, a list of acceptable documents for this purpose may be found online at: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents .
Click here for what to bring to Onboard@Penn.
- The completed W-4 form must be the original document and must be either mailed or delivered in person.
- The I-9 form and supporting documentation (e.g. passport, driver’s license, etc) must be reviewed and verified in person.
- Penn Faculty and Staff Voluntary Self-Identification Form
Access to Penn Nursing’s Systems
To gain access to the systems at the School of Nursing, users need a PennKey username and password. Please follow the instructions here to initiate that process and help us get you connected.