Alycia Bischof is passionate about mentoring the next generation of nurse practitioners to be future leaders in health care. As the Central Clinical Site Coordinator for Penn Nursing, she cultivates relationships between preceptors and students, striving to find the best clinical opportunities for each student. Recognizing the importance of business acumen in addition to clinical skills, Alycia also focuses on teaching documentation and coding skills to both students and faculty.
“We prepare students to become leaders in women’s health, and advocates for the women they serve and for the midwifery profession.”
“As the clinical site coordinator, it is extremely rewarding finding the right fit for each student as they start their advance practice training.”
- DNP, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, 2021
- MSN, University of Pennsylvania, 1995
- BSN, University of Pennsylvania, 1990
Dr Bischof is the course coordinator for N657, Advanced Physical Assessment. She also lectures for the pediatric primary care nurse practitioner program in N659, N660, and N663.
Dr Bischof’s research is focused on improving provider chart documentation and billing code selection acumen. As part of her DNP project, she developed a training session to aid providers with documentation techniques that will increase revenue capture.
Opportunities to Learn and Collaborate at Penn Nursing
- Dr Bischof has practiced as a PNP in a private pediatric practice in New Jersey for the last 25 years. In this role, she provides primary care from newborns through college age patients.
- Besides her work in the nursing school, Dr Bischof also assists in the Medical school by teaching first year medical students an introduction to clinical practice.
Selected Career Highlights
- Lois Evans Service Award
- Teaching Excellence Award
- Alumni Spirit Award
- Preceptor Committee, Chair
- Alumni Events and Outreach Committee, Chair
- LARC, member
- Senate, member
- Class of 1990 Executive VP
- Class of 1990 reunion committee, member