Jacqueline Nikpour, PhD, RN is a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Center for Health Outcomes and Nursing Research at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing. Dr. Nikpour’s work examines models of care delivery and payment reform in primary care, with an emphasis on team-based care and the roles of registered nurses, nurse practitioners, and other interdisciplinary team members in new care models. Her research bridges her clinical nursing background with her training in health policy and value-based care to answer key questions on nurses’ roles in achieving equitable, high-value healthcare.
- Brooks Carthon, M., Aponte, R., Mason, A., Nikpour, J. “I Had Become Fed Up”: A Qualitative Study of Black Nurse Practitioners’ Experiences Fighting Against Health Inequity, Racism and Burnout. J Amer Assoc Nurs Prac. Accepted for publication. (July 2023).
- Nikpour, J., Brom, H., Mason, A., Chittams, J., Poghosyan, L., Brooks Carthon, M. Better Nurse Practitioner Primary Care Practice Environments Reduce Hospitalization Disparities among Dual-Eligible Patients. Medical Care. Revised and resubmitted (July 2023).
- Nikpour, J. & Brooks Carthon, M. Characteristics, Work Environments, and Rates of Burnout and Job Dissatisfaction Among Registered Nurses in Primary Care. Nurs Outlook, 71(4), 101988. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.outlook.2023.101988
- Brom, H., Poghosyan, L., Nikpour, J., Todd, B., Silwinski, K., Franz, T., Chittams, J., Brooks Carthon, M. (2022). Racial Disparities in Coronary Artery Disease Management Narrowed in Primary Care Settings Supportive of Nurse Practitioners. J Nurs Reg. In press.
- Smith, J., Annis, A.M., Courtwright, S.E…Nikpour, J.,…Toussaint, E.A., Kurtzman, E.T. (2023). Nurses Leading the Way: Insights from the 2023 AcademyHealth Interdisciplinary Research Group on Nursing Issues Annual Meeting. J Nurs Regul, 14(2), 57-62.
- Nikpour, J.., Pogue, C. A., & McHugh, M. D. (2022). Criminal prosecution of clinician errors: A setback to the progress toward safe hospital work environments. Journal of hospital medicine, 10.1002/jhm.12952. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1002/jhm.12952
- Kurtzman, E. T., Ghazal, L. V., Girouard, S.,…Nikpour, J.., Turi, E., Germack, H.. (2022). Nursing Workforce Challenges in the Postpandemic World. J Nurs Regul, 13(2), 49-60. doi:10.1016/S2155-8256(22)00061-8
- Nikpour, J., Franklin, M., Calhoun, N., Broome, M. (2022). Influence of Provider Type on Chronic Pain Prescribing Patterns: A Systematic Review. J Am Assoc Nurs Prac, 34(3), 474.488.
- Nikpour, J., Broome, M., Silva, S., Allen, K.D. (2022). Patient Demographics and Clinical Characteristics Influence Opioid and Non-Opioid Pain Management Prescriptions of Primary Care NPs, PAs, and MDs. J Am Assoc Nurs Prac, 34(7), pp. 883-890.
- Nikpour, J., Broome, M., Silva, S., Allen, K.D. (2022). Influence of Primary Care Provider Type on Chronic Pain Management Among Veterans. J Nurs Reg, 13(1), pp 35-44
- Nikpour, J., Hickman, R., Clayton, D., Gonzalez-Guarda, R., Broome, M. (2022). Inclusive Leadership to Guide Nursing’s Response to Improving Health Equity. Nurs Outlook, 70(6 Suppl 1), S10-s19
- Walton, A.M., Nikpour, J., Randolph, S.D. (2022). Population Health in a Global Society: Preparing Nurses for the Future. Public Health Nurs, 39(5), 1098-1106. doi:10.1111/phn.13081