Casey Benchimol, MSN, CRNP WHNP-BC AGPCNP-C
Casey Benchimol (they/them) is a Women’s Health/Gender-Related Nurse Practitioner and Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner working as faculty in the WHNP program at
“My ultimate goal is to improve education for nurses and advanced practice providers on appropriate care for LGBTQ+ individuals in order to reduce healthcare disparities experienced by the LGBTQ+ community.”
- MSN, University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing, 2019
- MSN, University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing, 2018
- BSN, University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing, 2014
I spearheaded a campaign on the postpartum unit to make gender neutral language on the application for birth certificates and social security, to be more inclusive of LGBTQ+ families.
I have taught at Penn in some capacity since 2018 as a clinical instructor for BSN students, preceptor for MSN students, and guest and faculty lecturer.
Opportunities to Learn and Collaborate at Penn Nursing
I precept MSN students in AGPCNP and WHNP programs at my clinical job at Mazzoni.
Selected Career Highlights
- Recipient of the Advanced Nurse Education Workforce (ANEW) Program Scholarship to provide enhanced training in practicing in underserved communities, January 2019
- Recipient of the Joyce E. Thompson Award in Women’s Health at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, May 2018
- DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses Recipient, May 2017
- POSTER PRESENTATION:
- Benchimol, K., Wasik, M. & Scalise, L. (2018, June). All Inclusive: Integrating Gender Neutral Language in Birth Certificate and Social Security Worksheet on a Postpartum Unit.
- Health Equity Week Poster Sessions, Penn Medicine, Philadelphia, PA (April, 2018).
- 2018 Gallery of Scholarly Excellence, Penn Medicine, Philadelphia, PA (May, 2018).
- Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses, Annual Convention, Tampa, FL (June, 2018)