Brooke Goodspeed, BA, BS, BSN, MSN
Brooke Goodspeed, MSN, CRNP is a predoctoral student at Penn Nursing. She graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 2001 with a BA in History and Philosophy of Science, as well as a BS in Psychology. She then went on to obtain her BSN and MSN from the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing. Ms. Goodspeed has been practicing as an Oncology Nurse Practitioner since 2005, and her current role is as a Clinical Research Nurse Practitioner and Sub-investigator for the Breast Cancer Research Team at Penn Medicine. Her research interests include autism spectrum disorder (ASD), social determinants of health, employment as a social determinant of health, community-based participatory research, intervention research, and health care innovation.
- Methodological Interests
- Secondary Data Analysis
- Quantitative Analysis
- Community-Based Participatory Research (CBPR)
- Research Experiences
- Teaching Assistant, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- Clinical Research Nurse Practitioner, Penn Medicine Breast Cancer Research Program
- CEO GETincluded, Inc.
- Oncology Nurse Practitioner, Bryn Mawr Medical Specialists Association
- Oncology Nurse Practitioner, Penn Medicine Abramson Cancer Center
- Inpatient Hematology/Oncology Nurse Practitioner, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Registered Nurse, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Second-place award for the Penn Nursing Innovation Accelerator
- Power Women honoree, Main Line Today magazine
- State Senator Daylin Leach Unsung Hero Award
- Master’s Student Travel Award 8th National Conference on Cancer Nursing Research 2004: Recipient, American Cancer Society Master’s Scholarship in Oncology Nursing
- Nightingale Award for Comprehensive Nursing Care, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- Induction into Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society (Xi Chapter)
- Member, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Member, Oncology Nursing Society
- Member, Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates, Inc.