JingJing Shang, PhD, RN, FAAN, OCN
Professor of Nursing, Columbia University
Dr. Jingjing Shang is a professor at the Columbia University School of Nursing. Her research focuses on infection prevention and control, home health care, predictive risk modeling, nursing workforce, and cancer patient outcomes. Dr. Shang received multiple federal grants from AHRQ, NINR, and NIA. She established critical evidence and demonstrated that infection is a significant but understudied issue in home healthcare. She is also a multiple PI of a P20 focusing on palliative care for vulnerable adults with multiple conditions. Dr. Shang teaches doctoral-level research classes. She serves on the American Cancer Society peer review committee for scholarships and has been a reviewer on CDC Special Emphasis Panel on infectious diseases since 2015.
- BSN, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing China, 1996
- MSN, University of Delaware, 2001
- PhD, Johns Hopkins University, 2009
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, 2011
- Shang, J., Harrison, J.M., Dick, A.D., Chastain, A.M., Stone, P. (2022) Influenza Vaccination for Home Health Care Workers and Patient Hospitalization. American Journal of Infection Control. 50(4): 369-374.
Featured by APIC
- Shang, J., Chastain, A.M., Perera, U.G.E., Dick, A.W., Madigan, E.A., Pogorzelska-Maziarz, M., Stone, P. (2021) Prior to COVID-19: The State of Infection Prevention and Control at Home Health Agencies in the United States. International Journal of Nursing Studies Mar;115:103841.
- Shang, J., Chastain, A.M., Perera, U.G.E., Quigley, D.D., Fu, C.J., Dick, A.W., Pogorzelska-Maziarz, M., Stone, P. (2020) COVID-19 Preparedness in U.S. Home Health Agencies. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 21(7) 924-927.
- Shang, J., Russell, D., Dowding, D., McDonald, M.V., Murtaugh, C., Liu, J., Larson, E.L., Sridharan, S., Brickner, C. (2020) A Predictive Risk Model for Infection-Related Hospitalization among Home Healthcare Patients, Journal of Health Quality. 42(3):136-147. PMCID: PMC7477895
Won the “Journal of Health Quality 2020 impact” Award.
- Shang, J., Needleman, J., Liu, J., Larson, E., Stone, P. (2019) Nurse Staffing and Healthcare-Associated Infection, Unit-level Analysis, Journal of Nursing Administration. 49(5):260-265.
- Shang, J., Dick, A., Stone, P., Larson, E. (2018) A Research Agenda for Infection Prevention in Home Healthcare, American Journal of Infection Control. 46(9):1071-1073.