Eunhee Cho, PhD, CRNP, RN, FAAN
Associate Professor, College of Nursing, Yonsei University
Associate Dean, Graduate School of Nursing, Yonsei University
Vice Director, Division of Medical Science Research Affairs, Yonsei University Health System
Senior Fellow, Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
Dr. Eunhee Cho completed a Ph.D. and Master of Science in Nursing at the University of Pennsylvania and received a postdoctoral fellowship at the Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research (CHOPR) in the T32 program in Nursing Outcomes Research (2005–2007). Dr. Cho earned her BSN from Korea University and MPH from Seoul National University, both in South Korea. Currently, Dr. Cho is an associate professor at the College of Nursing, Yonsei University, South Korea, where she teaches health outcomes research to doctoral students.
Dr. Cho’s research focuses on health outcomes and the contributions of the nursing workforce in various care settings including acute hospitals and long-term care settings. She is particularly interested in examining the health outcomes of older adults receiving long-term care services.
Dr. Cho directed a pilot study of the nursing workforce in South Korea collaborating with CHOPR (2007-2008). As a principal investigator, she has received several Korean National Research Foundation grants to examine the effects of the nurse practice environment and nurse staffing on nurse and patient outcomes in Korean acute hospitals (2009–2011) and in Korean long-term care facilities (2014–2017).
Kathleen Jennings Dozier Award, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.
For leadership and a strong commitment to excellence in community health, clinical research, and practice in health promotion and disease prevention for women of color
- Eunhee Cho, Jeongyoung Park, Miyoung Choi, Hye Sun Lee, Eun-Young Kim (2018). Associations of Nurse Staffing and Education with the Length of Stay of Surgical Patients, Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 50(2), 210-218.
- Deulle Min and Eunhee Cho* (2018). Associations among health behaviors, body mass index, hypertension, and diabetes mellitus: A path analysis. MEDICINE, 97(22), 10,981-10,987.
- Deulle Min and Eunhee Cho* (2018). Patterns in quality of life according to employment among the older adults: the Korean longitudinal study of aging (2008-2014). BMC PUBLIC HEALTH, 18(1), 379-388.
- Eunhee Cho, Hyejin Kim, Jeongah Kim, Kyongeun Lee, Salimah H. Meghani, and Soo-Jung Chang (2017). Older Adult Residents’ Perceptions of Daily Lives in Nursing Homes, Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 49(5), 495-503.
- Kyongeun Lee & Eunhee Cho*. (2017). Activities of daily living and rehabilitation needs for older adults with a stroke: A comparison of home care and nursing home care. Japan Journal of Nursing Science, 14(2), 103-111.
- Jung Yoon Kim & Eunhee Cho*. (2017). Evaluation of a self-efficacy enhancement program to prevent pressure ulcers in patients with spinal cord injury. Japan Journal of Nursing Science, 14(1), 76-86.
- Eunhee Cho, Nam-Ju Lee, Eun-Young Kim, Sinhye Kim, Kyongeun Lee, Kwang-Ok Park, and Young Hee Sung. (2016). Nurse staffing level and overtime associated with patient safety, quality of care, and care left undone in hospitals: A cross-sectional study. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 60, 263-271. doi: 10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2016.05.009
- Eunhee Cho, Dal Lae Chin, Sinhye Kim, & OiSaeng Hong. (2016). The Relationships of Nurse Staffing Level and Work Environment with Patient Adverse Events. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 48(1), 74-82. doi: 10.1111/jnu.12183