Kathleen G. Burke, PhD, RN, CENP, FAAN
Nurses play a key role in delivering excellent patient care.
Kathleen Burke ensures that nurses in the Penn Medicine Health System and nursing students at Penn Nursing have the necessary opportunities to develop professionally and build leadership skills. As corporate director of nursing professional development and innovation for the Penn Medicine Health System, Dr. Burke provides strategic leadership for more than 7,000 nurses. Professional development programs range from one of the first nursing residency programs nationwide to a Distinguished Nurse Clinician Academy.
- PhD, University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing , 2001
- MSN , Widener University, 1983
- BSN , Pennsylvania State University , 1976
Opportunities to Learn and Collaborate at Penn Nursing
Selected Career Highlights
- Fellow, American Academy of Nursing
- Faculty Advisor and Mentor, Inter-professional Fellowship in Patient Safety, Department of Veteran Affairs
- Faculty Consultant, Quality and Safety in Education
- Certified in Executive Nursing Practice
- Elected Member, Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education board of Directors January 2017