Penn Nursing Updates - Week of August 16 – IMPORTANT UPDATES FOR ALL STUDENTS
Dear Penn Nursing Students,
Please take a moment to review important updates below.
COVID-19 – ALL NURSING STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO:
- WEARING MASKS indoors is now REQUIRED for all Penn community members and visitors, including those who are fully vaccinated. Indoor masking has many purposes, and Penn Nursing supports Masking for a Purpose.
- GATEWAY COVID TESTING is required for all returning students and new students. Please see this website for information about scheduling your Gateway COVID testing.
- USE PennOpen Pass to report symptoms and exposures. Those who are unvaccinated are required to use PennOpen Pass daily.
UPLOAD PROOF OF VACCINE to Complio, Penn Nursing’s system of record for compliance. Note* only students engaged in clinical/simulation this academic year will see a Complio account associated with their name. All other students (part-time MSN no in clinicals yet, part-time DNP, and PhD students) should proceed to the following bullet point.
- Please note, failure to upload proof of vaccination could result in delayed start in simulation or clinical or not completing clinical this semester. CHOP and the VA have also recently released their COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees and student trainees. Penn Medicine previously released its COVID-19 vaccine mandate last month and will NOT allow any students with COVID-19 vaccine exemptions to complete clinical in any Penn Medicine entities. This decision has been made given all students are in patient facing rotations. Note* In order to complete clinical rotations at all Penn Medicine facilities, students must have completed all elements of the vaccine series two weeks before starting their clinical rotation. Please note, an exemption from the University of Pennsylvania, Student Health Service does not mean you are exempt from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement for clinical agencies.
- REPORT PROOF OF VACCINE to Student Health Services (SHS). On Thursday, 8/19/21, undergraduate students who had not submitted their vaccination information received a communication from the Office of University Registrar outlining that unless proof of vaccine is submitted before 8/23/21, an Immunization Compliance Registration Hold will be applied to student’s accounts, blocking students from adding and dropping courses, as well as changing their grade type. This will begin on Monday, 8/23/21. Proof of vaccine submission instructions can be found online for new students and existing students.
- STAY UP TO DATE to rapidly changing COVID-19 updates. The University is paying very close attention to the increase in COVID-19 cases and the spread of reported variants and will continue to update University guidance based on the recommendations of the Philadelphia Department of Public Health. Public health guidance on campus continues to evolve and the most recent University updates can always be found at the coronavirus.upenn.edu website. These updates include vaccination, testing, masking, PennOpen Pass and more.
Upcoming Events/Activities Updates
- Wednesday, August 25 - Weekly Virtual Financial Aid Student Hours: Student hours are moving to zoom beginning on Wednesday, August 25. Please save this information for your quick reference Zoom Meeting https://upenn.zoom.us/j/94324852864 Meeting ID: 943 2485 2864.
As always, these OAA emails can be found archived online. Please remember that we are available for virtual appointments or by email and that you can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
Have a great weekend and we look forward to seeing you on-campus soon 😊
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs