Penn Nursing Updates - Week of August 9
Dear Penn Nursing Students,
Please take a moment to review important information updates below.
- Masking For a Purpose in Fagin Hall: Masks are now required indoors for all Penn community members and hosted visitors, including those who are fully vaccinated.
- Gateway Testing: Please visit the coronavirus.upenn.edu website to read the most recent updates regarding Gateway Testing for students this fall and the latest information about vaccines, etc.
PAST DUE - Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Upload: To ensure your eligibility to participate in clinical and simulation, students have been required to enter their vaccine information in Complio and send to SHS. Please:
- i. Upload proof of vaccination to Complio, our system of record for compliance. Note* only students engaged in clinical/simulation this academic year will see a Complio account associated with their name. All other students (part-time MSN no in clinicals yet, part-time DNP, and PhD students) should proceed to the following bullet point and;
- ii. Notify Student Health Services (SHS) of proof of vaccination by uploading all documentation to the online student health services portal. If you have questions, please reach out to the Immunization Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- iii. Please note, failure to upload proof of vaccination could result in delayed start in simulation or clinical or not completing clinical this semester. CHOP has also recently released its COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees and student trainees. Penn Medicine previously released its COVID-19 vaccine mandate last month and will NOT allow any students with COVID-19 vaccine exemptions to complete clinical in any Penn Medicine entities. This decision has been made given all students are in patient facing rotations. Note* In order to complete clinical rotations at all Penn Medicine facilities, students must have completed all elements of the vaccine series two weeks before starting their clinical rotation. Please note, an exemption from the University of Pennsylvania Student Health Service does not mean you are exempt from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement for clinical agencies.
Upcoming Events/Activities Updates
- CANCELED - Wednesday, August 18 - Weekly Virtual Financial Aid Student Hours: The Financial Aid Team needs to cancel student hours on Wednesday, 8/18 and will return via Zoom on Wednesday, August 25. Please save this information for your quick reference Zoom Meeting https://upenn.zoom.us/j/94324852864 Meeting ID: 943 2485 2864. Student can still email any questions to email@example.com.
As always, these OAA emails can be found archived online. Please remember that we are available for virtual appointments or by email and that you can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
Enjoy the remaining days of summer break and see you on-campus soon!
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs