Penn Nursing Updates - Week of August 2
Dear Penn Nursing Students,
Please take a moment to review important information updates below.
- Masking for a Purpose - The University requires mask use indoors by unvaccinated individuals, and the Philadelphia Health Department now strongly recommends that everyone, including fully vaccinated people, wear masks in all indoor places. Indoor masking has many purposes, and Penn Nursing supports Masking for a Purpose. No assumptions should be made about the vaccination status of individuals who choose to wear a mask indoors.
- Vaccine update: Please visit the coronavirus.upenn.edu website to read the most recent updates.
REQUIRED UPLOAD - Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination: To ensure your eligibility to participate in clinical and simulation for the fall 2021 semester, students are required to enter their vaccine information in two places, no later than this Saturday, July 31. Please:
- i.Upload proof of vaccination to Complio, our system of record for compliance. (Note* only students engaged in clinical/simulation this academic year will see a Complio account associated with their name. All other students (part-time MSN not in clinicals yet, part-time DNP, and PhD students) should proceed to the following bullet point) and;
- ii.Notify Student Health Services (SHS) of proof of vaccination by uploading all documentation to the online student health services portal. If you have questions, please reach out to the Immunization Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- iii.Please note, failure to upload proof of vaccination could result in delayed start or prevention of participation in clinical or simulation. Most recently, Penn Medicine has decided not to accommodate any students with exemptions to receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. This decision has been made given all students are in patient facing rotations. Note* In order to complete clinical rotations at all Penn Medicine facilities, students must have completed all elements of the vaccine series two weeks before starting their clinical rotation.
- Fagin Hall Break Out Spaces: As a reminder, the breakout rooms are available for drop-in study usage. The rooms will return to their normal scheduled usage on August 2nd. Other areas for student study are public/common areas on the 1st and 2nd floors, the lobby, the mezzanine, and the computer lab. Updated information related to the building’s online room reservation system will be forthcoming.
Upcoming Events/Activities Updates
- Monday, August 2 – Grand Rounds, World Breastfeeding Week: Please join presenter Donna Geddes, PhD, Professor-University of Western Australia for this engaging talk. Interested students can RSVP online and request PSNA credits directly to Dr. Spatz at email@example.com.
- Tuesday, August 3, 12pm - Wellness Walk to Penn Park Fark (Meet at David Rittenhouse Laboratory, 209 S 33rd St) - Join us in a unique opportunity to visit the Penn Park Farm, as a part of the “Themed Wellness Walks” series. Hosted by: Penn Nursing Wellness, Penn Walk 2 Wellness, and Penn Food and Wellness Collaborative. Open to all Penn students; opportunity to meet other pre-health students.
- Tuesday, August 3 - Virtual Career Fair for Pennsylvania Nursing and Allied Health Students: The CareerMD Virtual Career Fair will open at 8:00am on Tuesday, August 3 and will remain open for the following three days. Interested students or recent graduate who would like to participate are asked to RSVP online ahead of time.
- Wednesday, August 4 – 8 - National Black Nurses Association’s (NBNA) Virtual 49th Annual Conference & Institute: Interested students can view the full agenda online.
- Wednesday, August 4 - Weekly Virtual Financial Aid Student Hours: The Financial Aid team welcomes all inquiries and will follow up with 1:1 appointments to address any specific individual issues. Please continue to join us each Wednesday this summerat 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. via Bluejeans.
Please save this information for your quick reference.
- Meeting URL - https://bluejeans.com/8064576986?src=join_info
- Meeting ID: 806 457 6986
- Want to dial in from a phone? Dial one of the following numbers:
- +1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
- +1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
- Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
As always, these OAA emails can be found archived online. Please remember that we are available for virtual appointments or by email and that you can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
I will be on vacation with my children next week and will be offline. If there is important information that needs to be shared with you, an update will come from another member of the Office of Academic Affairs team.
I wish you all some rest and relaxation too as we complete the summer2021 term and await the start of the fall 2021 semester.
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs