Penn Nursing Updates - Week of July 19th
Dear Penn Nursing Students,
Please take a moment to review important information updates below.
- A Message to all Students: Gateway Testing for the Fall Semester: On Tuesday, July 20, the Penn Cares team sent a message stating that all students will be required to undergo Gateway Testing upon arrival to campus (from now until September 7), regardless of your vaccination status. This detailed email communication included what to expect, what actions need to take place, and more. Please take a moment to view the full release online.
- Vaccine update: Please visit the coronavirus.upenn.edu website to read the most recent updates.
2x Upload Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination: To ensure your eligibility to participate in clinical and simulation, students are required to enter their vaccine information in two places, no later than July 31.
- Upload proof of vaccination to Complio, our system of record for compliance. Although currently Complio does not mark this as a required field, students can expect this to change in the near future.
- Notify Student Health Services (SHS) of proof of vaccination by uploading all documentation to the online student health services portal. If you have questions, please reach out to the Immunization Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note, failure to upload proof of vaccination could result in delayed start or participation in simulation or clinical. Most of our clinical agencies are now requiring the COVID-19 vaccination for all students.
- NOW OPEN - Penn Libraries for in-person phased availability: Please check online to learn more about the Penn Libraries phased re-opening availability.
- NOW OPEN - Fagin Hall Break Out Spaces: As a reminder, the breakout rooms are available for drop-in study usage. The rooms will return to their normal scheduled usage on August 2nd. Other areas for student study are public/common areas on the 1st and 2nd floors, the lobby, the mezzanine, and the computer lab. Updated information related to the building’s online room reservation system will be forthcoming.
Upcoming Events/Activities Updates
- REGISTER NOW - National Black Nurses Association’s (NBNA)Virtual 49th Annual Conference & Institute - Unlicensed Student Registration: Register now for a complimentary conference registration to attend the National Black Nurses Association’s Virtual 49th Annual Conference to be held on August 4 - 8, 2021. Interested students should register online by Friday, July 23.
- Friday, July 23, 12pm - Imposter Syndrome at Penn Nursing workshop by CAPS. Imposter syndrome refers to a pattern of thinking when people doubt their accomplishments and fear that they will be found out as “frauds.” Imposter syndrome affects at least 70% of people during their lives. This workshop will explain more about what imposter syndrome is, present strategies to combat it, and provide space to discuss how imposter syndrome impacts you and your peers at Penn. Registration link here.
Wednesday, July 28 - Weekly Virtual Financial Aid Student Hours: The Financial Aid team welcomes all inquiries and will follow up with 1:1 appointments to address any specific individual issues. Please continue to join us each Wednesday this summer at 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. via Bluejeans.
- Please save this information for your quick reference.
- Meeting URL - https://bluejeans.com/8064576986?src=join_info
- Meeting ID: 806 457 6986
- Want to dial in from a phone? Dial one of the following numbers:
- +1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
- +1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
- Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
As always, these OAA emails can be found archived online. Please remember that we are available this summer for virtual appointments or by email and that you can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
Hope you have a great weekend 😊
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs