Penn Nursing Updates - Week of July 12th
Dear Penn Nursing Students,
Please take a moment to review important information and reminders related to Fall 2021.
- Vaccine update: Please visit the coronavirus.upenn.edu website to read the most recent updates.
2x Upload Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination: To ensure your eligibility to participate in clinical and simulation, students are required to enter their vaccine information in two places, no later than July 31. If you have received the full series of the COVID vaccine, please:
- Upload proof of vaccination to Complio, our system of record for compliance. Although currently Complio does not mark this as a required field, students can expect this to change in the very near future.
- Notify Student Health Services (SHS) of proof of vaccination by uploading all documentation to the online student health services portal. If you have questions, please reach out to the Immunization Office at email@example.com.
- Please note, failure to upload proof of vaccination could result in delayed start in simulation or clinical. Most of our clinical agencies are now requiring the COVID-19 vaccination for all students.
Staying Involved at Penn Nursing:
- Summer 2021 Student Group Leader meeting discussion: As a reminder, all students have an opportunity to get involved at Penn Nursing. On Wednesday, 7/13 the existing Penn Nursing student organizations met with Dean Sochalski and Dean Costanzo to discuss: Fall 2021 University updates (COVID-19 & otherwise), Fall 2021 Fagin Hall updates (COVID-19 & otherwise), and Fall 2021 student wellness needs. Students are encouraged to reach out to these student leaders to find out more. You can find a comprehensive list of student leaders online here.
- Fagin Hall Break Out Spaces Reopen on Monday, July 19: We’re opening our breakout rooms earlier than anticipated! Beginning on Monday, July 19th, the Fagin Hall breakout rooms will be available for drop-in study usage. The rooms will return to their normal scheduled usage on August 2nd. Other areas for student study are public/common areas on the 1st and 2nd floors, the lobby, the mezzanine, and the computer lab. Updated information related to the building’s online room reservation system will be forthcoming.
- Scholarship Opportunities Available: Scholarship opportunities through the Nursing Foundation of Pennsylvania (NFP) remain available. Interested students can learn more online at their website.
Upcoming Events/Activities Updates
- Friday, July 16, 11:00 am – Stress Management and Healthier Coping Skills: This workshop will focus on recognizing signs of stress, identifying strategies that aid in coping, and knowing when and where to seek help when needed. Open to all nursing students. Register for link.
Wednesday, July 21 - Weekly Virtual Financial Aid Student Hours: The Financial Aid team welcomes all inquiries and will follow up with 1:1 appointments to address any specific individual issues. Please continue to join us each Wednesday this summer at 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. via Bluejeans.
- Please save this information for your quick reference.
- Meeting URL - https://bluejeans.com/8064576986?src=join_info
- Meeting ID: 806 457 6986
- Want to dial in from a phone? Dial one of the following numbers:
- +1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
- +1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
- Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
As always, these OAA emails can be found archived online. Please remember that we are available for virtual appointments or by email and that you can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
Summer seems to be passing quickly (at least for me) – please make sure you take time for some self-care this summer 😊.
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs