Penn Nursing Updates - Week of June 7th
Dear Penn Nursing Students,
For those of you in Philadelphia, I hope you all have been able to stay cool during this recent heat wave. As you will notice, this week’s student email is on the lighter side. We continue to plan for our return to Fagin Hall this fall. Please see the information updates and upcoming activities below.
- APPLY NOW – Opportunity with the Veterans Affairs (VA): The Marion, IL Veteran’s Medical Center invites students to consider a Post-Baccalaureate Nursing Residency (PB-RNR) program. The VA PB-RNR program is one year of comprehensive, preceptor-guided training in a supportive environment that facilitates growth in both knowledge and skills, to take you from novice to expert RN. Interested students can contact Marie Brasher, PB-RNR Program Director, at Marie.Brasher@va.gov or learn more online.
- Staying Involved at Penn Nursing: The Office of Academic Affairs (OAA) has worked with the current student group leaders to identify a date and time to hold a student group leader meeting this summer. This determined date is Tuesday, July 13 at 5:00 p.m. Students are encouraged to reach out to these student leaders to find out more. You can find a comprehensive list of student leaders online here.
- Friday, June 11 - Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics (LDI) Achieving Global Vaccine Equity for COVID-19 webinar: The second wave of COVID-19 in India and other low- and middle-income countries has highlighted the tragic consequences of inequitable access to COVID-19 vaccines. As high-income countries achieve higher vaccination coverage, limited access to vaccines in low- and middle-income countries can lead to substantial loss of life and make it much harder to bring an end to the pandemic. Join our expert panel from 11a.m. - 12p.m. as they discuss what the U.S. and other wealthy nations can do in the short-term to increase global access to COVID-19 vaccines and how the U.S. must alter its response to meet current COVID-19 needs and future pandemic preparedness goals. Interested students can learn more online.
Wednesday, June 16 (& ongoing) Weekly Virtual Financial Aid Student Hours: The Financial Aid team welcomes all inquiries and will follow up with 1:1 appointments to address any specific individual issues. Please continue to join us each Wednesday this summer at 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. via Bluejeans.
- Please save this information for your quick reference.
- Meeting URL - https://bluejeans.com/8064576986?src=join_info
- Meeting ID: 806 457 6986
- Want to dial in from a phone? Dial one of the following numbers:
- +1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
- +1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
- Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
As always, these OAA emails can be found archived online. Please remember that we are available for virtual appointments or by email and that you can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs