Penn Nursing Updates - Week of May 24th
Dear Penn Nursing Students,
During the summer term, the Office of Academic Affairs (OAA) plans to continue to send this regular student email communication. These emails may result in bi-weekly communications unless time sensitive information arises. Please see important information below:
- Penn Nursing 2021 Graduation Thank You: A special thank you to those who were able to join us for this year’s virtual graduation ceremony on Monday, May 17th. We got to see many wonderful moments, acknowledgements, videos, and photos to celebrate our graduates. As you may or may not know, each year, graduating students play a crucial part in the graduation planning process and we thank this year’s students who worked to make it special. I know the students and their families appreciated it.
- Updated Masking Guidance on Penn’s Campus: Penn is pleased to announce that, in accordance with the guidance from the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, beginning May 21, 2021, the University will no longer require the use of masks while outdoors for those who are fully vaccinated. Being fully vaccinated means that it has been two weeks since the final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Minors and those participating in summer camps are still required to wear masks while on campus, regardless of vaccination status. The full release can be found online.
- COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirements - Upload Instructions and Resources: Penn requires all incoming students to be compliant with the COVID-19 and flu vaccinations. Please feel free to contact Student Health Services (SHS) with any questions at 215-746-3535 or email email@example.com. Students must also upload their COVID-19 and flu vaccination information to their Student Health electronic record portal. Please view instructions on how to upload this vaccination information on the SHS website. Please do not email SHS your immunization records as they will not be processed. Penn Nursing students must also upload these vaccinations to their Complio accounts for the School of Nursing compliance process.
- Update to Penn Nursing’s Plans for Fall 2021: On Wednesday, 5/19 all students were sent an email outlining updates to Penn Nursing’s Plans for Fall 2021. The full release can be found online.
Wednesday, May 26 (& ongoing) Weekly Virtual Financial Aid Student Hours: The Financial Aid team welcomes all inquiries and will follow up with 1:1 appointments to address any specific individual issues. Please continue to join us each Wednesday this summer at 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. via Bluejeans.
- Please save this information for your quick reference.
- Meeting URL - https://bluejeans.com/8064576986?src=join_info
- Meeting ID: 806 457 6986
- Want to dial in from a phone? Dial one of the following numbers:
- +1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
- +1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
- Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
- Thursday, May 27 - Understanding Hiring Criteria for New Nurse Graduates: Every graduating nursing student can benefit from this webinar as they prepare to join the workforce. Dr. Lepaine Sharp-McHenry, Dean and Professor from Simmons University will describe how hiring criteria has changed over time and what is important to hiring managers in today’s world. Whether getting ready for interviews or starting your first job, the insights in this presentation will help you succeed. Students interested in attending can learn more at the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) website.
As always, these OAA emails can be found archived online. Please remember that we are available for virtual appointments or by email and that you can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
Have a restful Memorial Day weekend!
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs