Penn Nursing Updates - Week of May 10th
Dear Penn Nursing Students,
Please see important information below:
- Career Jump Start & Salary While in School for Nursing (BSN) Students with the U.S. Public Health Service: Calling all BSN students! Below is an opportunity to participate in a paid externship called the Senior Commissioned Officer Student Training Externship Program (SRCOSTEP). The U.S. Public Health Services (USPHS), America’s healthcare first responders, is looking to recruit bright and driven health professional students through the SRCOSTEP program. Interested students can learn more online or apply online between June 1 and September 30.
- Opportunity with CHOP: A CHOP COVID-19 vaccination study (kidCOVE) is looking at safety and efficacy of COVID-19 vaccination in children 6months-11years old. Registered nurses are needed to help execute this study (details include 10 hours a week between September 2021 and March 2022). For more information please contact kidCOVE@chop.edu.
- Sign up to receive a Penn Nursing mentor through Penn Nursing’s Alumni Mentoring Program! Join the Penn Nursing Alumni Mentoring Program for a shadowing experience, informational interview, career advice or just some encouragement from Penn Nursing Alumni. Join the program to connect and develop your Penn Nursing network. To sign up complete the survey here. If you have any questions about the mentoring program, contact the Penn Nursing Alumni Relations team at NursingAlumni@nursing.upenn.edu.
- Staying Involved at Penn Nursing: May 2021 Student Group Leader meeting discussion: As a reminder, all students have an opportunity to get involved at Penn Nursing. Last Wednesday, the existing Penn Nursing student organizations met with Dean Sochalski and Dean Costanzo to discuss spring semester successes and challenges. Students are encouraged to reach out to these student leaders to find out more. You can find a comprehensive list of student leaders online here.As a reminder, based on the success of this year’s monthly meetings with the Office of Academic Affairs, these meetings will continue next Fall. More information will follow about a summer meeting for all student group leaders.
- Thursday, May 13 - Emergency Nurses Association Social Hour: The ENA Emerging Professional Advisory Council will be moderating an open and empowering discussion with two ED physicians. In this equal opportunity sharing space, you’re invited to ask questions and share your experiences to build a collaborative workspace and a more integrative practice for all. Emerging professionals, new graduates, and students are encouraged to join and learn more online.
- Monday, May 17 - Virtual Penn Nursing Commencement to Celebrate the Class of 2021: Due to current guidance regarding COVID-19, Penn Nursing will hold a virtual commencement to celebrate the hard work and incredible accomplishments of the Class of 2021. We warmly invite family and friends to celebrate our graduates at the livestream of the virtual ceremony on Facebook Live beginning at 2:30pm. Please click here to visit our Commencement web page for more details and the full program.
Wednesday, May 19 (& ongoing) Weekly Virtual Financial Aid Student Hours: Although the Spring semester is coming to an end, we plan to continue holding these weekly student hours each week this summer. The team welcomes all inquiries, and will follow up with 1:1 appointments to address any specific individual issues. Please continue to join us each Wednesday at 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. via Bluejeans.
- Please save this information for your quick reference.
- Meeting URL - https://bluejeans.com/8064576986?src=join_info
- Meeting ID: 806 457 6986
- Want to dial in from a phone? Dial one of the following numbers:
- +1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
- +1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
- Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
The Office of Academic Affairs will continue to send regular email announcements which can be found archived online. As always, we are available for virtual appointments or by email. You can find a full listing of departmental contacts online here.
For those of you finishing the semester and leaving campus, we wish you a restful summer and look forward to seeing you back on-campus in the fall! For those of you continuing coursework this summer, we wish you the best as your start your summer classes next week!
Tomorrow and Saturday look to be beautiful days here in Philadelphia. Spend some time outdoors 😊
Christina M. Costanzo, EdD
Assistant Dean for Admissions & Academic Affairs