Clinical Nurse Research Mentorship Program
The Nurse Research Scholarship Program is a research skill development curriculum designed to provide clinical nurses from the an opportunity to enhance their learning and understanding of the research process and participate in nursing research.
- Conduct guided work and receive education, mentoring, and support from the Director of Education and Nursing Research.
- Join a productive research team at the Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- Manage one research project from the potential priority areas for the duration of the appointment.
- Disseminate results through a joint authored publication and/or the presentation relevant to patient care outcomes delivered at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, Pennsylvania Hospital or a national conference.
- Integrate research and the evidence based practice processes (EBP) into clinical practice through development and demonstration of research–related skills;
- Identify and utilize research support services available within the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Pennsylvania Health Care System; and
- Foster professional growth and development of nurses at all levels at PPMC and PAH through the acquisition of research and EBP skills.
“The nursing research scholarship program fosters professional growth and development of nurses at all levels.” J. Margo Brooks-Carthon, PhD, RN, Program Director, Nurse Research Scholars