Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice Admissions
A complete application includes the following:
- $80 non-refundable application fee
- Completed online application
- The completion of two essay questions in the application to assess your interest in our DNP program
- Three letters of recommendation: from each of the following sources: academic, employer, and professional; all letters of recommendation must be submitted online, without exception, through the online application
- MSN or a Master’s degree in a Nursing field, with a GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Official transcripts from accredited BSN and Master’s degree programs, and all undergraduate and graduate schools attended (send via mail/email, addresses listed below); unofficial transcripts may be uploaded for review purposes—please note: official transcripts can take up to six weeks to arrive at the School of Nursing after the initial request
- Verification of the completion of a graduate-level Research Methods Course with a grade of a B or higher
- Official results from the TOEFL or IELTS exam: taken within the last two (2) years (for non-native English speaking applicants only); additional information for international applicants is below. Applicants receiving a BSN or MSN in the United States or Canada are exempt from this requirement.
- Copy of official RN and APRN license(s)
- Interview: we will contact you if you qualify for this step in the application process
Our Graduate Admission Committee cannot properly evaluate a candidate or offer an interview until all required application items have been received.
Application materials not submitted electronically can be sent to:
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
418 Curie Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4217
Attention: Office of Enrollment Managem ent
Electronic transcripts should be sent to email@example.com.
In addition to all required application materials, international applicants to the doctoral program must submit the following items:
- Evaluation of all transcripts: by either World Education Services or Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools
- Official TOEFL or academic IELTS results: taken within the last two (2) years for all non-native English speakers; a minimum score of 100 on the internet-based TOEFL exam and a minimum combined score of 7.0 for the IELTS is required for our doctoral program
International applicants are encouraged to contact Penn’s International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) for information on everything from immigration paperwork to the various resources Penn provides international students.