Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice Admissions
A complete application includes the following:
- $80 non-refundable application fee
- Completed online application
- The completion of two essay questions in the application to assess your interest in our DNP program
- Three letters of recommendation: from each of the following sources: academic, employer, and professional; all letters of recommendation must be submitted online, without exception, through the online application
- MSN or a Master’s degree in a Nursing field, with a GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Transcripts: unofficial transcripts from accredited BSN and Master’s degree programs, and all undergraduate and graduate schools attended must be uploaded for review purposes. Official transcripts are only required if offered admission. Note: official transcripts can take up to six weeks to arrive at the School of Nursing after the initial request
- Verification of the completion of a graduate-level Research Methods Course with a grade of a B or higher
- Official results from the TOEFL or IELTS exam: taken within the last two (2) years (for non-native English speaking applicants only); additional information is available for international applicants. Applicants receiving a BSN or MSN in the United States or Canada are exempt from this requirement.
- Copy of official RN and APRN license(s)
- Interview: we will contact you if you qualify for this step in the application process
- Clinical hour verification: PM-DNP applicants are required to submit verification of their master’s degree clinical hours. Once you and your nursing school have filled out the form, upload it in the admissions application. Click here to download the form.
Our Graduate Admission Committee cannot properly evaluate a candidate or offer an interview until all required application items have been received.
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
418 Curie Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4217
Attention: Office of Enrollment Management
Electronic transcripts should be sent to email@example.com.
Please visit our International Applicants page for further information.