Our MSN-PhD program is for highly motivated nursing students who have their undergraduate degree and are seeking both a Masters of Science in Nursing, as well as their PhD.
All doctoral programs start in September. Please note that MSN-PhD applications are due by November 1; this allows a decision to be made on the MSN application prior to the PhD deadline.
A complete application includes the following:
- $80 non-refundable application fee
- Completed online application
- Essay responses: to the doctoral essay question, as well as to the two MSN essay questions
- Three letters of recommendation: from each of the following: academic, employer, and professional; all letters of recommendation must be submitted online, without exception, through the online application
- Transcripts: unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, must be uploaded to the online application; official transcripts are required if offered admission only.
- Official GRE scores: completed within the last five (5) years—please note: competitive applicants are expected to score in the 50th percentile on both the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE and 4.0 on the analytical writing section (Submit scores to Institution Code 2911)
- Official results from the TOEFL or IELTS exam: taken within the last two (2) years (for non-native English speaking applicants receiving international degrees only); applicants receiving a Bachelors or Masters degree in the United States or Canada OR your undergraduate/graduate degree was conducted in English are exempt from this requirement. Additional information is available for international applicants.
- Copy of official RN license(s)
- Interview: we will contact you if you qualify for this step in the application process
Our Graduate Admission Committee cannot properly evaluate a candidate or offer an interview until all required application items have been received.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about submitting applications to both the Master’s and PhD programs.
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
418 Curie Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4217
Attention: Office of Enrollment Managem ent
Electronic transcripts should be sent to email@example.com.
Please visit our International Applicants page for further information.