Our MSN-PhD program is for highly motivated nursing students who have their undergraduate degree and are seeking both a Masters of Science in Nursing, as well as their PhD.
All doctoral programs start in September. Please note that MSN-PhD applications are due by November 1; this allows a decision to be made on the MSN application prior to the PhD deadline.
A complete application includes the following:
- $80 non-refundable application fee
- Completed online application
- Essay responses: to the doctoral essay question, as well as to the two MSN essay questions
- Three letters of recommendation: from each of the following: academic, employer, and professional; all letters of recommendation must be submitted online, without exception, through the online application
- Transcripts: unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, must be uploaded to the online application; official transcripts are required if offered admission only.
- Official GRE scores: As of July 1, 2021 the GRE is no longer required.
- Official results from the TOEFL or IELTS exam: taken within the last two (2) years (for non-native English speaking applicants receiving international degrees only); applicants receiving a Bachelors or Masters degree in the United States or Canada OR your undergraduate/graduate degree was conducted in English are exempt from this requirement. Additional information is available for international applicants.
- Copy of official RN license(s)
- Interview: we will contact you if you qualify for this step in the application process
Our Graduate Admission Committee cannot properly evaluate a candidate or offer an interview until all required application items have been received.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about submitting applications to both the Master’s and PhD programs.
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
418 Curie Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4217
Attention: Office of Enrollment Managem ent
Electronic transcripts should be sent to email@example.com.
Please visit our International Applicants page for further information.