DNP Nurse Anesthesia Admissions
Our Doctor of Nursing Practice for Nurse Anesthetists (DNP-NA) is the first of its kind to be offered by an Ivy League university and replaces our 24-month nurse anesthesia master’s degree program.
The DNP-NA program starts summer session. The Application for summer 2021 will be available July 1 through November 1, 2019. Decision notifications will occur mid-April.
A complete application includes the following:
- $80 non-refundable application fee
- Completed online application
- Transcripts: unofficial transcripts from accredited BSN program and all undergraduate and graduate schools attended must be uploaded for review purpose. Official transcripts are only required if offered admission - please note: official transcripts can take up to six weeks to arrive at the School of Nursing after the initial request.
- Verification that you’ve completed the requisite statistics class. A requisite statistics class is an introductory-level undergraduate statistics course taken at an accredited university with a grade of a B or higher.
- GRE scores and waiver eligibility: DNP-NA applicants who have completed their BSN program in the United States with a GPA of 3.2 or greater on a 4.0 scale are eligible to have the GRE requirement waived. Otherwise, official GRE scores completed within the last five (5) years must be submitted—please note: competitive applicants are expected to score in the 50th percentile on both the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE and 4.0 on the analytical writing section (submit scores to Institution Code 2911).
- Three letters of recommendation: from the following sources: academic, employer, and professional; all letters of recommendation must be submitted online, without exception, through the online application
- Responses to essay questions
- Copy of your active RN license(s): all master’s students are required to have an active Registered Nursing License(s), as progression into the clinical component requires an active Pennsylvania Registered Nursing License, and as specified by individual programs in Delaware (compact state) and New Jersey
- Interview: we will contact you if you qualify for this step in the application process
Please visit our International Applicants page for further information.
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
418 Curie Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4217
Attention: Office of Enrollment Management
Electronic transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.