DNP Nurse Anesthesia Admissions
Our Doctor of Nursing Practice for Nurse Anesthetists (DNP-NA) is the first of its kind to be offered by an Ivy League university and replaces our 24-month nurse anesthesia master’s degree program.
The DNP-NA program starts in the summer session and enrolls about two years in advance. The application for summer 2024 enrollment is available and the deadline is November 1, 2022. Decision notifications will occur mid-April.
A complete application includes the following:
- $80 non-refundable application fee
- Completed online application
- Transcripts: unofficial transcripts from accredited BSN program and all undergraduate and graduate schools attended must be uploaded for review purpose. Official transcripts are only required if offered admission - please note: official transcripts can take up to six weeks to arrive at the School of Nursing after the initial request.
- Verification that you’ve completed the requisite statistics class. A requisite statistics class is an introductory-level undergraduate statistics course taken at an accredited university with a grade of a B or higher.
- Three letters of recommendation: from the following sources: academic, employer, and professional; all letters of recommendation must be submitted online, without exception, through the online application
- Responses to essay questions
- Copy of your active RN license(s): all master’s students are required to have an active Registered Nursing License(s), as progression into the clinical component requires an active Pennsylvania Registered Nursing License, and as specified by individual programs in Delaware (compact state) and New Jersey
- Interview: we will contact you if you qualify for this step in the application process
- Work experience requirement: Applicants must have a minimum of two years of ICU/critical care work experience (post-orientation) working with the most critically ill patients by time of matriculation. Our most competitive applicants typically have at least two years of experience at time of application. Neonatal ICU, Emergency Room, Recovery Room, Step Down Units, and Interventional Radiology will not be considered.
- GRE scores: As of July 1, 2021, the GRE is no longer required.
Please visit our International Applicants page for further information.
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
418 Curie Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4217
Attention: Office of Enrollment Management
Electronic transcripts should be sent to email@example.com.