We strongly recommend that international students apply one year prior to the start of their desired graduate program.
In addition to all required application materials, international applicants must submit:
- Transcript evaluations for all institutions attended outside of the United States. Applicants should use one of the following services:
- World Education Services (WES) International Credential Advantage Package
- Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) Credentials Evaluation Service full education course-by-course report (Purpose: Academic)
- Results from the CGFNS Qualifying Exam for licensure for applicants who hold an RN license outside of the United States.
- Please visit the CGFNS website for more information.
- Credentials evaluation for academic purposes is a separate application from the Certificate Program for licensure. Both are required. Applications will not be reviewed until Penn Nursing receives an official copy of a credentials evaluation for academic purposes and proof that you have passed the CGFNS Qualifying Exam for licensure (if applicable).
- Results from the TOEFL or the academic IELTS taken within the last two (2) years for all non-native English speakers.
- A minimum score of 100 on the TOEFL is required. The expected breakdown is as follows: Reading 26; Listening 26; Speaking 25 (26 is preferred); Writing 25. Please report your TOEFL code to institution code 2996.
- For the IELTS, a minimum combined score of 7.0 is required, with each subsection having scores of at least 7.0.
- Exemptions: Applicants who received a BSN or MSN degree from an English speaking institution are exempt from the TOEFL or IELTS. Accelerated BSN applicants who received their undergraduate or graduate degree from an English speaking institution are also exempt from the TOEFL or IELTS.
We encourage you to contact Penn’s International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) for more resources for international students.