Accelerated Prerequisite Courses
Prerequisite courses required to begin in June 2020:
- 4 Credits of Introduction to General Chemistry with lab (Organic Chemistry will not meet the requirement)
- 3 Credits of Introduction to Biology (lab is not required)
- 8 Credits of Anatomy and Physiology with lab
- 4 Credits of Introduction to Microbiology with lab
- 3 Credits of Introduction to Nutrition
- 3 Credits of Introduction to Statistics
- OPTIONAL: 3 Credits of Health Care Ethics (this course may be completed at Penn while enrolled in the program)
We officially approve transfer credit after acceptance into the program. We strongly recommend that you complete your prerequisite courses within the last ten years, with the exception of Human Anatomy and Physiology which we prefer to be completed within the last 5 years. All courses must be completed at an accredited institution and have a grade of C or higher. Prerequisite courses may be completed online.
You must complete all accelerated program prerequisite courses by May 31, 2020.
Tips on completing the prerequisite courses:
To meet the Anatomy and Physiology requirement, you may complete two semesters of a combined Anatomy or Physiology course or separate Anatomy and Physiology courses, both with labs. The course content should be human based and contain labs. We recommend that the course includes a chemistry prerequisite, but it is not required. A comparative Anatomy course WILL NOT meet our requirements.
Organic Chemistry is not required and will not meet the General Chemistry requirement for the program.
An Introduction to Biology course will meet the Biology requirement, we recommend that cell biology and molecular genetics content be included in the course.