For master's students, the MSN Program Director, Associate Program Director, or a program faculty member is the primary advisor. Faculty advisors provide students with mentoring related to their career goals; serve as a resource for students to discuss the current issues, science, and practices of the nursing profession; and help students with academic planning.
Professional Staff Advisors
The Office of Student Services partners with the faculty advisors to provide information to master’s students on registration, degree requirements, University resources, and academic planning. Staff advisors can help a student to plan an MSN major, minor, dual degree, post-master’s certificate, other academic option, switch to full- or part-time status, or answer course scheduling questions.
Plans of Study
All students are admitted with an individualized plan of study. A student who needs to make a change to this plan of study must notify his/her faculty advisor. Faculty advisors and professional staff advisors in the Office of Student Services are available to help students with academic planning.
- Review plan of study provided to you and contact your faculty advisor if any changes are necessary.
- Review term course offerings to determine your schedule.
- Request registration “signoff” from the faculty advisor each semester before registering for courses.
- Review Registration Helpful Hints.
- Register and review schedule via Penn-in-Touch.
New Student Orientation is offered before the beginning of every semester.
The MSN Handbook provides a comprehensive guide to the policies and procedures governing the School of Nursing's MSN program.
Please review the Transfer Credit instructions here.
Please find MSN Forms here.