Sign In

Frequently Asked Questions

Need Assistance?

For general questions, contact the Office of Student Information For issues with package ordering, documentation, submissions, etc., please contact American DataBank, at 800-200-0853. If you would prefer to speak to someone in person, you can stop by during Brooke Natalie's walk-in hours on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 12-3 in suite M-24.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I have to do this?
Our agreements with the clinical agencies require students to be fully immunized, CPR certified, and complete these background checks annually.

How much does this cost?
Cost varies slightly by program; most of the fee is built into your clinical fee. You will need to pay for your CPR certification and child abuse clearance. Each RN license also has a different cost per state.

I don't have an SSN. What do I put on the order form?
Please contact the Office of Student Information for assistance.

Which address do I use on my order form?
Use any address where you can receive mail in the next 2-4 weeks.

Which forms get turned in where?
American DataBank is to receive all forms and documentation.

How do I send the forms to American DataBank?
You can either scan or take a clear, well-lit digital photo of your completed forms and upload them to your ADB account. You can also e-mail to or fax to 1-877-619-4139.

I don't have a scanner or fax machine. Can you send it for me?
You may choose to scan and email your forms from the student computer lab, or fax from nearby stores. Please note the School and Library do not have public faxes. You can also take a digital photo of your documentation and upload that so long as it is clearly legible.

I called American DataBank’s 800 number (800-200-0853) with a question last night but there was no answer.
Call during American DataBank's business hours, Mon-Sat 10AM to 8PM Eastern Standard Time.

I was fingerprinted for XYZ. Do I need to do it again?
Yes. We require a background check done specifically for your clinical rotations. The FBI will not accept prints over 90 days old.

Where can I get my fingerprints done?
This must be done at a Cogent Fingerprinting site in Pennsylvania only. The closet site to campus is in the UPS Store at 3720 Spruce St. A list of all Cogent Fingerprinting sites in Pennsylvania can be found here.

I'm not going to be in Philadelphia anytime soon. Where can I have the drug screen done?
Contact American DataBank (800-200-0853) during business hours for an alternate approved drug screen site.

What is an IGRA blood test?
The IGRA blood tests, such as Quantiferon Gold, provide a baseline test for TB. Student Health Services recommends that all students do the PPD rather than the IGRA because there are fewer false positives with PPDs.

What is a two-step PPD?
A two-step PPD is two complete PPDs (placement and reading) completed at least 1 week apart.

Where can I take a CPR course?
BLS for Healthcare Providers by the American Heart Association and CPR for the Professional Rescuer by the Red Cross are acceptable courses; check these organizations' websites for course availability. SNAP (Student Nurses at Penn) also offers courses on occasion. You can also get an online certification through Advanced Medical Certifications.

I'm going abroad next term. How can I make sure I meet the deadlines?
Please contact the Office of Student Information for an accelerated timeline in the beginning of the semester PRIOR to the term you are going abroad. The final deadline is not flexible, but we will work with you to ensure you meet the requirements.